The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

If there's one good thing about it it's recovery time for our players with playing Tuesday-Monday rather than Tuesday-Friday, removes any concern about Hearts being fresher, but in every other respect that is pish.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We were never going to really get a decent spot for this game. It doesn't effect me as I'm off that week the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but I imagine for a lot of people it's a shite one. 

There will still be a decent attendance hearts will bring large numbers and if people want to get there they will make it work. 

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

I'm sure the BBC have their reasons for that whatever they may be. Would much rather both of them but not exactly raging at it. Cappielow under the lights was all I wanted and you can't convince me that there still won't be loads of people making a night of it on the Monday. 

If you're a Morton supporter ... you'll be there (if at all possible). 

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Don't see it affecting the crowd too much, tbh. If you want to go, you'll go.

Will probably have some affect on the Ton support e.g., on those who have to travel some distance, or for those who have to work in the evenings. It will, however, have a much bigger effect on the number of Hearts fans making the trip, which is of course a positive, in a sporting sense if not a financial one. 

11 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Will probably have some affect on the Ton support e.g., on those who have to travel some distance, or for those who have to work in the evenings. It will, however, have a much bigger effect on the number of Hearts fans making the trip, which is of course a positive, in a sporting sense if not a financial one. 

It's a later kick off than the Friday night game. I imagine the amount of supporters who finish early on Fridays pales in comparison to the amount of fans who work weekends etc so everyone who made the last one should still be able to make it fine. 

I imagine it may affect the heart fans slightly however I was told they took about 5k to airdrie which we cannot fit in so we only need a portion of that to make it to fill the away attendance. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

4 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Don't see it affecting the crowd too much, tbh. If you want to go, you'll go.

It’s easy to say that, but not everyone has accommodating workplaces.

I know in my old job I’d have had no chance of the night off. 

1 hour ago, Ray Von said:

It’s easy to say that, but not everyone has accommodating workplaces.

I know in my old job I’d have had no chance of the night off. 

The same could be said about Friday night football, plus this kick off time is later. Its not ideal for sure, but I can't see it having that much of an impact. Its a scottish cup QF against Hearts. Nuff said

• Upvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Given we have two huge league matches with ICT on the Saturday then Dundee Utd three day later it’s great the team have that extra recovery time with the cup game on the Monday 

• Upvote 1

Let's rock !

1 hour ago, standman said:

Given we have two huge league matches with ICT on the Saturday then Dundee Utd three day later it’s great the team have that extra recovery time with the cup game on the Monday 

In what bizarre, alternative universe is Inverness a 'huge league match'? 

The scheduled time is not the end of the world for me personally but it will clearly impact many others, as well as the club through hospitality and external businesses. The bigger issue that should be getting raised is the BBC/SFA ripping the pish with their scheduling on grounds of principle.

Scottish Cup ties are drawn to be played on the weekend of X/Y Z month. A Monday night at 7:45 is quite simply not the weekend of anything. It's not Sky throwing their weight around to make it happen either here - the BBC's contribution to Scottish football is relatively small change which should not award them the right to set a gubbins timeslot that is patently not suitable for any other party involved in the event. 

The BBC have of course routinely forced seaside league diddy outfits like 'Clyde' to traipse out at their beck and call in previous rounds. The much more prestigious and high profile Quarter Final stage is an ideal moment for both The Famous and Hearts to openly criticise this nonsense. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

The same could be said about Friday night football, plus this kick off time is later. Its not ideal for sure, but I can't see it having that much of an impact. Its a scottish cup QF against Hearts. Nuff said

On a Friday night though most folk don't have work the next day, so it's less likely to deter those who have to travel some distance

4 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

On a Friday night though most folk don't have work the next day, so it's less likely to deter those who have to travel some distance

Have to admit that the prospect of a 200 mile round trip on a Monday night for a game that is on tv and is worthy of a far more convenient time slot is not terribly appealing. A Friday night slot, albeit still with a long trip involved, would be a far more appealing prospect. It feels as if BBC Scotland don’t really consider our game to be terribly important.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

12 hours ago, vikingTON said:

In what bizarre, alternative universe is Inverness a 'huge league match'? 

The scheduled time is not the end of the world for me personally but it will clearly impact many others, as well as the club through hospitality and external businesses. The bigger issue that should be getting raised is the BBC/SFA ripping the pish with their scheduling on grounds of principle.

Scottish Cup ties are drawn to be played on the weekend of X/Y Z month. A Monday night at 7:45 is quite simply not the weekend of anything. It's not Sky throwing their weight around to make it happen either here - the BBC's contribution to Scottish football is relatively small change which should not award them the right to set a gubbins timeslot that is patently not suitable for any other party involved in the event. 

The BBC have of course routinely forced seaside league diddy outfits like 'Clyde' to traipse out at their beck and call in previous rounds. The much more prestigious and high profile Quarter Final stage is an ideal moment for both The Famous and Hearts to openly criticise this nonsense. 

It’s hugely important we get the three points as we push for top four.

The point stands that the match being played on Monday gives us more of a chance due to the extra recovery time.

Let's rock !