The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

Hopefully that's just the app and there are a pile of paper tickets sold aswell after the run we've been on the players and club deserve a massive crowd upwards of 5k regardless of it being on TV. 

That result really does change the narrative for them quite considerably. If they'd been coming here with only one league win in their last 20 games, you're at the point where a toxic atmosphere can really build for them the way it did for Baraclough in the League Cup tie, with a defeat getting Kettlewell sacked.

Instead, they've emphatically gotten back to winning, they've a centre forward who's scored 6 in his last 5 games and rather than the lack of wins being the focus of their form, it's the lack of defeats: the only one in their last 9 was Rangers. They'll be coming here with confidence.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, SassenachTon said:

I hope to God the turnstiles clusterfuck has been properly taken care of ....

Who cares if it's sorted for the away end? Motherwell can have 1650 of them outside the ground at kick off as long as Sinclair St is fine.

While we're at it I don't remember them opening more than a couple of turnstiles for that monster away crowd in 2007.

Edited by GiGi

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

9 hours ago, GiGi said:

Who cares if it's sorted for the away end? Motherwell can have 1650 of them outside the ground at kick off as long as Sinclair St is fine.

While we're at it I don't remember them opening more than a couple of turnstiles for that monster away crowd in 2007.

And they ran out of change, guy at the turnstiles said its £22 (IIRC)  as I offered him £25, but we've nae change, I can let you in without giving you change. 

We manged to cobble enough between us to get three in for the right price and sorted it in the pub after the game.

Chancers