The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

20 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

I think that spot is where our own camera is set up to record for highlights, and unfortunately it’s definitely not an unobstructed view. Most of the stand side touch line is blocked and the pillars to either side obstruct a portion of each penalty area. 
Maybe a camera on a jimmy jib could be used from those seats so that it could held out beyond the uprights?

Finding a solution that doesn’t involve forcing the largest portion of the support away from the middle of the terracing and impacting the match day experience and the atmosphere negatively would be the ideal and can hopefully be part of infrastructure improvements in the coming years.

Aye, thats the spot which Morton currently use for their own camera, which i indicated as a mannie-with-tripod set up, however the directors box with the comfy seats extends a good 10-15 feet (at least) in front of this bit, which is further out than the pillars.

We dont have rich owners anymore, its a bunch of committee men and that Laird character as chairman, therefore that lot sitting on non cushioned seats shouldnt be a great hardship.  Get them punted and use that space as a makeshift gantry.

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

11 hours ago, capitanus said:

Aye, thats the spot which Morton currently use for their own camera, which i indicated as a mannie-with-tripod set up, however the directors box with the comfy seats extends a good 10-15 feet (at least) in front of this bit, which is further out than the pillars.

We dont have rich owners anymore, its a bunch of committee men and that Laird character as chairman, therefore that lot sitting on non cushioned seats shouldnt be a great hardship.  Get them punted and use that space as a makeshift gantry.

Everything is behind the pillars, but it could probably be used as a platform for a camera mounted on a jib that extends past them.

IMG_1149.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Everything is behind the pillars, but it could probably be used as a platform for a camera mounted on a jib that extends past them.

IMG_1149.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

IMG_1149.jpeg

Hard to tell from that photo but looks to me as if you could form a small platform where the tunnel is.  The main roof support columns actually seem to be slightly behind the perimeter wall, albeit maybe less than a metre.  Looks as if you could maybe have a freestanding platform over the tunnel, extending out to about the front boundary wall, and that would allow a camera to be positioned far enough forward that you could (just) see along the touchline without obstruction.  Ideally without a cameraman but would need to actually go there and see if there are any problems with that.  Looks feasible at least.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• 2 weeks later...

Not posted in years but need some help! Without using my glasses I bought a ticket on fanbase for the Stand instead of the cowshed.... anyone know if I will get in the shed with it or how I change it? Also my other 3 tickets are saved to my Google wallet but I can't share them to the guys I bought them for.

17 minutes ago, kilbrideton said:

Not posted in years but need some help! Without using my glasses I bought a ticket on fanbase for the Stand instead of the cowshed.... anyone know if I will get in the shed with it or how I change it? Also my other 3 tickets are saved to my Google wallet but I can't share them to the guys I bought them for.

Would contact the club about changing the ticket to the cowshed, but you can screenshot the QR codes on your phone and send them that way.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

24 minutes ago, kilbrideton said:

Thanks wasn't sure if I could screenshot them and was scared we would hold up the queue.....

Hope this isn't CR. 

Edited by LargsTON

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Are we missing French on Friday? I assumed Dundee didn't want him cup tied but maybe that clause has been removed from the deal now he's out till the summer.

I like him but I think he can be a bit 6/10 most weeks. But I'd rather him in over a Blues or Wilson having to make up the back 4. Doesn't seem like Broaders is going to be fit for Darragh to even move out to RB.

4 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

I don't think Dundee are going to be worrying about players being cup tied this season. Or any season to be fair.

I thought as much but had to check if he was involved against Montrose but he wasn't in the squad that day. 

58 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Are we missing French on Friday? I assumed Dundee didn't want him cup tied but maybe that clause has been removed from the deal now he's out till the summer.

I like him but I think he can be a bit 6/10 most weeks. But I'd rather him in over a Blues or Wilson having to make up the back 4. Doesn't seem like Broaders is going to be fit for Darragh to even move out to RB.

Blues would make the most sense. I actually thought French had his best game for us on Saturday, put a couple of great balls in the box and didn’t seem to put a foot wrong. 
I can’t see why Dundee wouldn’t allow him to play now but who knows. Wilson must be left in midfield. 

I actually think French has started to improve his game over the last few games. There is definitely a player in there somewhere I still feel like he is  holding back in certain parts and that's just down to the injury he suffered, would say out of the back 4 he is the weak link but not so much of a weak link considering our record and the clean sheets of late. 

If he is out then I would be tempted to go with Blues as Imrie trusts him there, O'Connor and Baird were immense on Saturday so there is no change Imrie will move either of them. 

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Blues would make the most sense. I actually thought French had his best game for us on Saturday, put a couple of great balls in the box and didn’t seem to put a foot wrong. 
I can’t see why Dundee wouldn’t allow him to play now but who knows. Wilson must be left in midfield. 

Was there not something about not being able to recall after January anyway?