Pre-Season - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-Season

Admin

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Did they even test it before today?

Yeah, but there were already issues towards the end of last season which they were aware of, and they've had 2 months to sort them out, so that's piss poor. Sound like they just plugged it in today and hoped for the best. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Ethernet? Do you mean internet?

Ethernet is a type of wiring technology, usually for LANs. If you have cable internet at home and anything is wired to the modem or router, it's probably an Ethernet cable. This implies whatever is uploading the footage is wired to the router or modem, rather than relying on wifi (probably a wise decision in a place like a football stadium where there'll be a ton of interference.)

Whether the actual cabling itself is the problem is unknowable from the Tweet but it implies that the problem is Cappielow-related, as opposed to the web server for the video stream or anything like that.

EOho8Pw.png

6 minutes ago, Hands of Cowan said:

Anyone able to watch the game and comment on the team performance today rather than the streaming issues?

In Turkey so couldn't attend. Curious as to how the team performed against the Midden

From what I've been able to see on the stream they look to be doing ok.

Suspect the Murn could step things up a bit though

Given that there's a tin pot trophy to be handed out for this, does it go pens if its a draw?

2-0 up. Saw the goal in a brief burst of streaming.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Felt we were the better team and especially after the subs we fell a bit out the game. 

Mullen and Boyd impressed me, Broadfoot never put a foot wrong either. What a ball from wee Deane, sign him up.

Unfortunately, as novel as it was, big Brandon ain't getting a contract. Glad he got a run out and did make a solid interception late in the game.

Thought we just shaded the first half. St. Mirren started the 2nd half brighter and had sustained periods of pressure but we defended well. Not sure if it was a penalty but it came at the right time for us. The second goal was a beauty of a pass from Deane and lovely finish from mcgrattan.

Wasn't too impressed with Mullen but he looked more comfortable as the game went on. Thought broadfoot was solid enough.  Both O'connor and waters were good at fullback. Robbie crawfords energy continues to be unreal and big George is a handful for defences. Boyd looked like he'll put a shift in.

Of the trialists I'd definitely sign Deane. He's a baller. The others didn't show much and big Brandon is a no from me.

St. Mirren overall looked poor.

Great morton crowd and atmosphere.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Pleased to immediately renounce my "this is a meaningless friendly and I wouldn't give a shit if we lost 8-0" stance as soon as the game could provide more evidence in favour of McGrattan being in the starting XI.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

16 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

16 hours ago, Toby said:

Never mind Diau, every time I ever stumble across anything from that fans’ page on Twitter I want to gouge my eyes out.

Genuinely worse than Hyndland Maw’s Brian Graham appreciation account.

9 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

That alone makes me think he isn’t even a footballer.

Can he play?

*insert signature here*

6 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

So are they using the Renfrewshire cup or have they got some other one?

Just dropping the phrase Communities Cup with no explanation has been poor. 

i doubt if it's the Renfrewshire Cup.

Back in the days when it was played for annually, the amateur teams competed in the early rounds, with the top two meeting Morton or St. Mirren in the semi-finals.

26 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Can he play?

No. He's fkn gash it should be a pat on the back thanks for turning up you've pumped the midden now off you fk to a pub team. 

In all seriousness he's just really not anywhere near a champoinship level player wish him all the best ect ect but definitely not worth a gig at morton. 

37 minutes ago, Waverley said:

i doubt if it's the Renfrewshire Cup.

Back in the days when it was played for annually, the amateur teams competed in the early rounds, with the top two meeting Morton or St. Mirren in the semi-finals.

I know. But they haven't really explained what it was and this from the Specsavers announce muddies the water further...

Screenshot_20230708_101929_Chrome.jpg

Feared the worst today with the 6 subs, how wrong can you be? There was a contingent of Falkirk neds (one with buckfast in back pocket) at Cartsdyke for the train back to Glasgow. Even the police were questioning what they were doing there when they heard the accents. After saying where they came from they were asked if a long journey just to see a team pumped was the same as watching Falkirk.

1 hour ago, capitanus said:

Can he play?

Hard to tell definitively from 25 mins but I'd say not a chance. Couple of times he had the chance to clear the lines with headers and he miscued them both. Should have been a bread and butter for a boy of his size at this level. 

No harm done. Seemed like a decent boy, got some publicity for the Ton, and he filled a body for training. A handshake and on yer way. 

1 hour ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Feared the worst today with the 6 subs, how wrong can you be? There was a contingent of Falkirk neds (one with buckfast in back pocket) at Cartsdyke for the train back to Glasgow. Even the police were questioning what they were doing there when they heard the accents. After saying where they came from they were asked if a long journey just to see a team pumped was the same as watching Falkirk.

They came to see what a real Derby looks like, and left Greenock after seeing the away team pumped, as always.

Archived