Pre-Season - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-Season

Admin

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Big Brandon with the squad tonight it looks like. Hoping for a masterclass. 

A fair few trialists including Brandon and boyd among them. Just the one trialist that I can't match up from Saturday.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Looks like Deane starts.

I assumed it was Boyd since he was named as a trialist. Would be happy if it's Deane so we can see more of him though. 

Edit to add: I think boyds squad number is 7 so will be him if so as the rest are wearing squad numbers

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1-0. Waters the scorer. Really good move involving Quitongo and O'connor and flashed across the 6 yard box for the finish. 

Quitongo easily best player on the park so far. Rest quite a drab affair as expected although I feel like we've had about 47 corners. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Mullen should have been sent off there for handball outside the box and denying a goalscoring opportunity but ref has given a yellow because it's a friendly. Extremely lucky for us in terms of our competitive games. 

32.gif

1-0 half time. Quitongo aside the highlight has been the Annan fans near the camera shouting ridiculously polite insults at the referee in their silly wee accents. 

We hit the bar through Crawford and their pacey winger skinned our two defenders kept back from our own corner kick and Mullen pulled off good save. Only other thing of interest was them getting in behind us with ball over the top and Mullen rushing out his box and not getting there in time and giving away a free kick for hand ball as their striker tried to kick it past him so he's extremely lucky to still be on the pitch. 

32.gif

Brandon on now along with loads others to impress for last half hour. 

Stretcher on for one of our players but can't make out who. Sounds awful but hopefully a trialist. 

32.gif

Morton twitter saying trialist number 3 it is. Potential leg break or something as camera not showing it and commentator said it could be an ambulance needed. 

32.gif

Waiting on an ambulance now according to commentator. He doesn't seem too convinced that the game will restart. That would be a shame for Doyle (if it's him) and Brandon. Both were literally on for less than a minute. 

32.gif

That's the game abandoned now. Main thing is hope Doyle is okay. 

Still can't help feel sorry for the guy that's traipsed across the UK on his own dime and been given chance of a lifetime only for it to end after a minute. 

32.gif

Looked nasty. He was holding his knee standing up screaming and then just fell. Shame and hope it's not as bad as it seems. 

Good runout for the 1st teamers but disappointing not to see any of the trialists. Mullen made a good save albeit decision making was questionable - came out for an over the top ball when he was nowhere near it. 

Broadfoot lost every header to Goss but was OK overall. Hopefully not first choice. 

Boyd didn't do anything but looks pacey. Quitongo best player on park. Great goal and work from O'connor on the right.

Archived