Championship 23/24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 23/24

26 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Was disappointed we went with Joma instead of O'Neills.

Joma have promised us a “bespoke” home kit for next season, so interested to see what it’ll be and if we can have something similar to a Villareal kit for an away kit, I’d be happy. Or a blue and yellow Parma style away kit, but that will never happen

1 hour ago, gmfc_craig said:

Joma have promised us a “bespoke” home kit for next season, so interested to see what it’ll be and if we can have something similar to a Villareal kit for an away kit, I’d be happy. Or a blue and yellow Parma style away kit, but that will never happen

Yeah, know we are getting bespoke, just felt others would be better than Joma to deliver it.

My money has dropped on the Matchwinner re-releases. Will take something to beat them. Will see what they come up with.

Argentina home, Parma away please (but better than the one the community teams used).

20230503_222943.jpg

29 minutes ago, Doddie said:

I thought we were keeping the yellow away one for another season and just bringing out a new bespoke home kit. 

Smiths website lists our hoops as "Home top 22-23" and the yellow one as "Away top 22-24".

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

34 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Smiths website lists our hoops as "Home top 22-23" and the yellow one as "Away top 22-24".

I think that's the correct approach. Releasing two new kits in one season would be kicking the arse out of it. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• 3 weeks later...

Dundee United and Jim Goodwin about to be relegated into next season's Championship...

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

A late St. Johnstone equaliser in Dingwall means that Dundee United need an eight goal swing to finish above 12th.

The manner of Dundee United's relegation surely means Goodwin will be away in the summer. When he got the job you could see a credible turn of events that would have him kept on despite going down, but that would be ridiculous now with the way they've capitulated.

Let's hope they rush into the appointment of someone out of work like Calum Davidson or go chasing a big name, because managerless Championship Dundee United gives me the fear about Imrie.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

The manner of Dundee United's relegation surely means Goodwin will be away in the summer. When he got the job you could see a credible turn of events that would have him kept on despite going down, but that would be ridiculous now with the way they've capitulated.

Let's hope they rush into the appointment of someone out of work like Calum Davidson or go chasing a big name, because managerless Championship Dundee United gives me the fear about Imrie.

No worries, Owen Coyle will talk his way into that job.

Two trips to Somerset again next season. Ayr are an absolute gang.

• Upvote 1

Ayr getting absolutely Falkirk’d now. 

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Ayr, on the other hand- Hibs losing 7-0 to Malmo and Dundee United losing 7-0 to Alkmaar springs to mind with that one, and look where they went from there. Akinyemi will be away in the summer and they’ll take a couple of quid in there, but that result, stand alone and aggregate, is so chastening that it could take a long time for them to get over it.

Although their manager standing on a chair in their hub leading the 'super Ayr' sing-song after last night's game makes it seem like they are happy with their glorious performance...

On 5/25/2023 at 6:26 AM, dunning1874 said:

genuinely surprised by this - I actually had to click on it as I thought it must have been a parody account at first.