Championship 23/24 - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 23/24

34 minutes ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

I admit that was badly worded. The basic point stands. I saw documents for pricing while homeworking in summer 2020, so thats the tender period & covid didn't stop that. QPFC then appointed a builder within months, (they were on site in autumn 2020). QPFC then fell out with them, went legal, changed design & found another builder. The tender documents had this down for delivery in @ a year & it wasn't a complex build. Building sites have now been reopened (with safeguards) for @ 3 years. They've had plenty of time to sort this since Covid had sites closed.

Which was my point.

Is that a high definition image - and if not, why not? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Toby said:

Absolute nonsense that on the last day of the season four years in a row we’ve had Arbroath away twice, Cove away and now Inverness away.

If we get the chance to send them to the seaside leagues on that final day, it'll be worth it.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/23625155.greenock-morton-anger-fixture-list-100-mile-trip/

Who signed off (anonymously) on this utterly risible statement? When did the club actually consult with the fanbase before expressing their concern about being assigned a Friday night fixture at the end of the season fully ten months in advance? Do they seriously think that away support would be higher if those matches at Arbroath/Inverness took place on a Saturday in February, never mind midweek? Given we're a fan-owned entity, there's no excuse for not canvassing the fans - if you don't do that, then stop pretending that you have taken their sentiments into account. 

If I wanted to read non-sequitur ramblings about the organisation of the game from a Scottish football club, I'd get Scot Gardiner's programme notes at Inverness, or any one of 'Partick Thistle Family Club' statements since 2020. GMFC should be better than this. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/23625155.greenock-morton-anger-fixture-list-100-mile-trip/

Who signed off (anonymously) on this utterly risible statement? When did the club actually consult with the fanbase before expressing their concern about being assigned a Friday night fixture at the end of the season fully ten months in advance? Do they seriously think that away support would be higher if those matches at Arbroath/Inverness took place on a Saturday in February, never mind midweek? Given we're a fan-owned entity, there's no excuse for not canvassing the fans - if you don't do that, then stop pretending that you have taken their sentiments into account. 

If I wanted to read non-sequitur ramblings about the organisation of the game from a Scottish football club, I'd get Scot Gardiner's programme notes at Inverness, or any one of 'Partick Thistle Family Club' statements since 2020. GMFC should be better than this. 

At the end of the day it is unfair that the fans of the club are getting fecked unfairly so I for one is happy the club are letting the hierarchy know about it.

Big B

1 minute ago, Brian Skelton said:

At the end of the day it is unfair that the fans of the club are getting fecked unfairly so I for one is happy the club are letting the hierarchy know about it.

In what way is it unfair? Are you planning to hold a candlelit vigil of protest if the coin toss at Cappielow turns out heads four times in a row this season? Because that's the exact degree of a foreseeable - and utterly trivial - probability outcome that you're wanting GMFC to 'let the heirarchy know about'. 

Still, I'm sure that the SPFL 'beaks' at Hampden never fail to get a copy of the Greenock Telegraph to see the court cases and River Clyde Homes scandals. So this risible 'statement' will definitely show them that we mean business. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

In what way is it unfair? Are you planning to hold a candlelit vigil of protest if the coin toss at Cappielow turns out heads four times in a row this season? Because that's the exact degree of a foreseeable - and utterly trivial - probability outcome that you're wanting GMFC to 'let the heirarchy know about'. 

Still, I'm sure that the SPFL 'beaks' at Hampden never fail to get a copy of the Greenock Telegraph to see the court cases and River Clyde Homes scandals. So this risible 'statement' will definitely show them that we mean business. 

If you think it is fair play  but most people on here an p&b think you talk a lot of shite but hey ho keep giving yourself a platform.

Big B

It's a pain that we'll miss out on the potential revenue of a home decider again, a pain that it'll be miles away on a Friday so most will have to take a day off work for it again. And you can bet the Particks of the world would be the first to cry about it.

I'd rather we didn't though, at least not without properly gauging opinion first.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

6 hours ago, Brian Skelton said:

If you think it is fair play  but most people on here an p&b think you talk a lot of shite but hey ho keep giving yourself a platform.

I really don't care what most people think. Can you answer the straightforward question please: in what way is it unfair that a club plays an away game at the end of the season in four completely separate campaigns? 

It’s the luck of the draw. At least it’s not Ross County away every season like we had in cup draws a few years ago.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."