Squad for next Season - Page 92 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

3 hours ago, HamCam said:

A waste of a squad number on a has been.

Before the arrival of Dougie that would probably have been my first thought as well, but he has proved us wrong in the past (e.g., when he signed Jai last summer) and has made a lot of other astute additions to the squad since his arrival, so I'm more than happy to give him and Kirk the benefit of the doubt.

5 minutes ago, Hej said:

A 38 year old who played in the Lowland League last season. Hard to be anything but skeptical about this, regardless of how good a player he was in his day. 

I trust Dougie's judgement on this.

As far as I remember in his last season at ICT he was still doing a good job for them, and I think I read that the reason he went to the Lowland League was because of his desire to go part-time to concentrate on his businesses outside football. Not sure what's changed in that respect, but there's every possibility he's still got another season in him at Championship level. I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

I would be concerned if he was being brought in as first choice CB but clearly that’s not the case.  

Good experienced pro and hopefully Darragh & Jack can both learn something from him.   

He hopefully won’t be on too much money and will be a good guy to have around the squad, as well as being versatile and able to cover a couple of positions.

12 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

I would be concerned if he was being brought in as first choice CB but clearly that’s not the case.  

Good experienced pro and hopefully Darragh & Jack can both learn something from him.   

He hopefully won’t be on too much money and will be a good guy to have around the squad, as well as being versatile and able to cover a couple of positions.

Yeah, exactly. He's clearly not going to play 36 games.

I trust Dougie 100% on this.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Waters confirmed.

Happy with that. He's a solid 7/10 each game.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Solid, experienced CB cover added today and a solid LB. These are the sort of positions in the squad that proven players are needed in. Hopefully an exciting addition or two towards the front-end of the team to come.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Happy with that. He's a solid 7/10 each game.

I'd say a solid 7/10 at defending and knowing his role. Maybe 4/10 at best when it comes to going forward though. He did improve as the season went on, so hopefully that continues. We've had worse.

It speaks volumes about the depths our club has plumbed to in recent years that an ex-St. Mirren and Rangers water carrier that beats up pensioners for fun isn't the most despicable signing we've ever made. 

*insert signature here*

See on Twitter that Dougie's on holiday. Wonder if that means no transfer activity until he's back?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come