Squad for next Season - Page 93 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

See on Twitter that Dougie's on holiday. Wonder if that means no transfer activity until he's back?

I could see contract renewals being signed and announced this coming week, they'll already be set in place. 

7 hours ago, ChampTon said:

I could see contract renewals being signed and announced this coming week, they'll already be set in place. 

Hope you're right. Would be great to see Miller sign up and what a coup it would be to get grimmy signed up again.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Hope you're right. Would be great to see Miller sign up and what a coup it would be to get grimmy signed up again.

Expected to see Miller announced on Friday as his deadline was the end of the week just like Waters.

Strong rumours linking Liam Grimshaw with Dundee Utd. Hope not, would hate it if he went to another Championship team. Really hope Grimmy repays the faith that Imrie should in him when he brought him to Cappielow…but as always I guess it comes down to wages being offered

Edited by gmfc_craig

19 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

Strong rumours linking Liam Grimshaw with Dundee Utd. Hope not, would hate it if he went to another Championship team. Really hope Grimmy repays the faith that Imrie should in him when he brought him to Cappielow…but as always I guess it comes down to wages being offered

Wouldn't wish him anything but the best of luck wherever he goes but it would be a sore one to see him play against us next season.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Wouldn't wish him anything but the best of luck wherever he goes but it would be a sore one to see him play against us next season.

Yeah I'd prefer he chooses Dundee or Killie if he's not staying with us. Dougie seems to have resurrected his career but he only signed a short term contract so it always looked more than likely he'd move on. When I've been within earshot of opposition fans they've mostly raved about him at least as much as we do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gmfc_craig said:

'Repays the faith'.

Settle doon. He has literally nothing to repay.

Resigned to him going but would sting if it ends up being a Championship team.

• Upvote 2

Miller was very good in the run-in, and you could argue that was just him having needed time to settle and get a run of games, but we're still talking about a player who only managed 4 or 5 good performances in half a season. That could just as easily have been a purple patch, or more cynically a case of turning it on when he needed to earn a contract, with his earlier performances being the norm. Being able to play left back was very useful versatility but it was debatable if he was even part of our strongest XI, he's far from irreplaceable.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Pisser.

Hope there's a substantial amount of well-wishes about to be removed.

Personally I didn't rate him anyway.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Would have liked to have kept him but not overly fussed now he is gone. Would wish him the best but he is going to Falkirk so. 

At least it means we might have a few more new signings which is always interesting to see who we get. 

Think Grimshaw will probably leave also but he won't go to shite like Falkirk so all the best to him. 

Falkirk offering silly deals to ‘m’ybes aye, m’ybes naw’ Morton players is a formula they are determined to get right, so far it hasn’t worked with Tidser, Buchanan, MacLean, Johnstone, Telfer, McGuffie, Nisbett or Oliver. Maybe Miller will be different ???

pen.jpg