Squad for next Season - Page 118 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

2 hours ago, thehustler said:

Another member of the forum intelligencia. What a sad little bunch you are. Back to school tomorrow presumably. 

I think if you are looking for intelligencia you are on the wrong forum.  This cesspit (credit to DDFR) is where Morton fans explore their navels and vent frustration - I have been a member for years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hej said:

Would happily take Doyle at this point, him at RB and O'Connor in for Broadfoot in the middle can only be an upgrade regardless of Doyles level of fitness

I thought he was a shoe in to be signed once recovered, but Dougie said again during the week that he wouldn’t be offering Doyle a deal.   Strange decision unless he has something else in the pipeline.  Saying he was just offering training and wouldn’t be signing him was one thing back in the summer when presumably he had other targets in mind for that position.  In our current situation where clearly none of those targets have come through, it would seem like a bit of a no brainier to at least offer him a deal til January (if he has recovered from the injury)

Edited by Greacen2000

Seen a few Twitter accounts saying that trying to get Adam Devine from Rangers on loan would be a no-brainer.

Don’t know enough about the boy, and don’t really like us having to do any business with, or take any favours from them, but at the moment I’d bite your hand off for anyone, just to get Broadfoot out of the team.

What the percentage of his wage would be would probably be a massive stumbling block, and I had heard that we were previously blacklisted by both the Old Firm after McPake and Welsh’s experiences, but there doesn’t appear any other obvious option with the exception of Doyle when fit.

Incredible that we can have such bad luck with injuries and it seems like the only one who’s not getting injured is Broadfoot.

10 hours ago, Toby said:

Seen a few Twitter accounts saying that trying to get Adam Devine from Rangers on loan would be a no-brainer.

Don’t know enough about the boy, and don’t really like us having to do any business with, or take any favours from them, but at the moment I’d bite your hand off for anyone, just to get Broadfoot out of the team.

What the percentage of his wage would be would probably be a massive stumbling block, and I had heard that we were previously blacklisted by both the Old Firm after McPake and Welsh’s experiences, but there doesn’t appear any other obvious option with the exception of Doyle when fit.

Incredible that we can have such bad luck with injuries and it seems like the only one who’s not getting injured is Broadfoot.

I didn't think McPake had a bad time here? We also helped McCrorrie on his way in recent seasons. I would be shocked if we managed to get Devine given that he actually played a bit for Rangers last season but would absolutely bite your hand off for him. Especially given that he can play left-back as well as on his more natural right.

Sadly though, I believe that any rumour started from the Spfl transfers account tweeting that Morton 'should' be looking at him, rather than 'are'.

1 hour ago, so72 said:

I didn't think McPake had a bad time here? We also helped McCrorrie on his way in recent seasons. I would be shocked if we managed to get Devine given that he actually played a bit for Rangers last season but would absolutely bite your hand off for him. Especially given that he can play left-back as well as on his more natural right.

Sadly though, I believe that any rumour started from the Spfl transfers account tweeting that Morton 'should' be looking at him, rather than 'are'.

McPake hated it here and went back to Rangers at the first possible opportunity. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Not a chance we'd be getting Devine, if there's a chance of him going out on loan he'll got to another Premiership club easily.

I really hope it's just a rumour about us being black listed for OF loans.  It's a complete joke to tarnish the whole club just because our manager at the time was a complete tool.  

here today, gone to hell

3 hours ago, so72 said:

I would be shocked if we managed to get Devine given that he actually played a bit for Rangers last season but would absolutely bite your hand off for him. Especially given that he can play left-back as well as on his more natural right.

If only there was a decent left back somewhere, currently without a club, someone who could also play on the right if required.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

27 minutes ago, Alibi said:

If only there was a decent left back somewhere, currently without a club, someone who could also play on the right if required.

Much as I like Strapp & would have loved us to keep him, we have signed Waters and there is no way are we about to use up another wage on a position we are already covered for. 

"could play on the right if required" doesn't cut it for me.  Lewis Strapp is a left back, and there is nothing to suggest he would be more effective at RB than the other players we currently have.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

After years of Morton fans saying we should play left backs in midfield, we now get that they could easily switch to right back. 

Lewis Strapp and Michael Doyle being the best of the suggestions anyone can come up with for a right back, but yet loads still crying, wondering why the club haven't signed one...

Edited by Jamie_M

Strapp could barely pass the ball to a teammate with his left foot nevermind his right foot. Decent enough defender but he's never the answer to our problems. Would take him as a back up left back to waters who is a better player than strapp but that's it. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

9 minutes ago, irnbru said:

No money available to add to the squad apparently. 

What exactly are we doing with the finances. 

Last season ended debt free. Decent season ticket sales. New sponsorship deals. More merchandise revenue. Rangers game. Smaller squad than last year.

You can say all you want about increased running costs etc but there is absolutely no way with all that we shouldn't be able to get a right back in. 

After being so optimistic for this season it's now looking like a shit show, major questions need to be asked and raised about what exactly is going on. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, irnbru said:

No money available to add to the squad apparently. 

Disappointing and worrying if it's true that none of the Viaplay cup money is going to strengthen the squad.  I can understand them wanting to put it towards the long term stability and financial wellbeing of the club, but the last three leagues games have surely shown that adding one or two players should also be seen as a priority. I fear we'll be genuine relegation candidates with the current squad as it is.