The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 101 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

First team squad of 19 now excluding dev players like Strapp, Armour, Langan etc.

He said when he first came in he was looking at a first team squad of 20 then changed it to 18.

He advised a week or two ago he wanted 2 more forward thinking players then he brought in Bell so you would imagine he is looking for 1 more attacking, ideally wide player and that will be us!

We have lost 15 players from last season and brought in 12 to date.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we’ve got enough in defence now. We’ve got Buchanan, Kilday, Waddell, and Iredale + McKeown who can both cover there.

Agree with this - if we lack anything at centre-back it's because we've recruited badly, not because we're short on people. What's left of the budget needs to go elsewhere.

EOho8Pw.png

Is he the same guy that played for Raith? If so that's a cracking signing.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Is he the same guy that played for Raith? If so that's a cracking signing.

Yep. It's encouraging that most/all of our signings are players who have at least a handful of games at a higher level as well as at our own, you'd like to think that over the season there's going to be more of a toughness about the team...or to put it another way, we might win a few games after February.

AWMSC

Is Strapp getting sent on loan again do you think?

He’s going to be out for about 4 weeks before he can even start training again so having no options other than Iredale there for 6-8 weeks would of been a disaster.

Like the look of Strapp so hope he kicks on a bit this season. McKeown has played further up the park when he was down south aswell so we might see him there with Iredale/Strapp behind him which hopefully means Strapp will stay.

He’s going to be out for about 4 weeks before he can even start training again so having no options other than Iredale there for 6-8 weeks would of been a disaster.

Like the look of Strapp so hope he kicks on a bit this season. McKeown has played further up the park when he was down south aswell so we might see him there with Iredale/Strapp behind him which hopefully means Strapp will stay.

I make that six hours or so between the club signing a credible left back and at least someone in the Morton fanbase already suggesting that he should ‘play further forward’ to ruin fucking everything. That must be some sort of record. Do we really need to go through the whole Mark Russell saga yet again?

Play our credible left back option in that crucial position with Iredale offering genuine competition. Send Strapp out to a seaside league club for a season’s playing time and don’t recall him in January for no good reason like the previous slaphead did. This is all extremely straightforward stuff.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I am not by any means slaying McKeown, who seems to have a good reputation in Scotland (although I don't personally remember him), but why was he playing for something like Warrington Town? Was it a Carlo Monti situation, was he injured, does anyone know? Was he a superstar at that level?

EOho8Pw.png

I make that six hours or so between the club signing a credible left back and at least someone in the Morton fanbase already suggesting that he should ‘play further forward’ to ruin ****ing everything. That must be some sort of record. Do we really need to go through the whole Mark Russell saga yet again?

Play our credible left back option in that crucial position with Iredale offering genuine competition. Send Strapp out to a seaside league club for a season’s playing time and don’t recall him in January for no good reason like the previous slaphead did. This is all extremely straightforward stuff.

The difference being...he has actually played at LM.

I am not by any means slaying McKeown, who seems to have a good reputation in Scotland (although I don't personally remember him), but why was he playing for something like Warrington Town? Was it a Carlo Monti situation, was he injured, does anyone know? Was he a superstar at that level?

Maybe they were offering more money than other interested clubs at the time?

I know it's a different situation. Similar to our own Gretna scenario, but Adam Rooney opted for Salford, allegedly on £4000 a week.

Position?

I think he is a winger. He played out wide against Wigan in their friendly for the last 10 minutes or so. Can't dig up much on him bar the occasional goal at u20s and the appearance vs Wigan

Archived