The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 98 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

I can't see Jai making it at a high level.  Too many injuries.  It's unfortunate as he's an exciting player to watch when he's fit, but few teams could afford to take the chance on him other than on a pay per play basis.  If we offered that, I'd be happy to see him back at Cappielow.  However every defender in the league knows about his knee problems so he'll probably be taking some vicious challenges in the first few minutes of every game.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we though? Did the surgeon that performed his last op not do it for free as he believed he had a great career? That shows we weren't willing to pay for the op same as with McGowan, I wouldn't call that sticking by him.

The fact the surgeon offered to do it for free does not automatically mean we weren't willing to.

Jai signing for Dunfermline apparently

I think he can only sign for them if they agree terms with us or if they are content to take their chances at a tribunal. At this stage neither seems likely particularly if he is in fact still injured.

Time will tell.

If we are due a fee then they will have to pay we should bite their hand off but if we can add on a sell on clause we should do so.

We are certainly due compensation either by agreement or by decision of a tribunal. If it is by agreement it may be that we could have a sell-on clause, I don't know, if it goes to tribunal I guess not.

However at the moment it's a rumour and if he is still injured would any club be that daft?

Would rather we got compensation rather than a sell-on as he’s one more setback away from the glue factory.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If we are due a fee then they will have to pay we should bite their hand off but if we can add on a sell on clause we should do so.

Tribunals quite often add those anyway, along with a fee based on appearances. Admittedly it's a bit more common in England but it's becoming the case in Scotland too.

EOho8Pw.png

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

Agreed. Defensively they don't look too strong, Durnan is a donkey. But going forward they will give anyone a game.

Agreed. Defensively they don't look too strong, Durnan is a donkey. But going forward they will give 8anyone a game.

I've seen a few folk say that but I'd take Durnan over any of our current defenders.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Guest mcintyre_gmfc93

I've seen a few folk say that but I'd take Durnan over any of our current defenders.

Not really any competition thought is it, we've only really seen Buchanan (who's been very good) and Kilday who's just coming back from a serious injury. Waddell has only played once so hard to judge.

Why is he wearing an old top with the number 14 on it :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Quite poor tbh.

I’d rather he wore 25 year old matchwinner training gear than the fucking Superdry sweaters he’s been wearing in recent interviews.

Archived