The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 95 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://gmfc.net/2018/07/26/breaking-connor-bell-signs-for-morton/

Ray:

“He’s 5ft 9in, he’s busy, he’s direct, very sharp, quick and lively and likes to get in the box. He proved himself at this level with Inverness and scored a few goals.

“Connor will also bring good balance to our team, because having Denny [Johnstone] and Robert [Thomson], we have two big strikers to come back in, and sometimes you need someone who can play around them.

“We have Gary Oliver and Bob McHugh who can do that as well, so hopefully we will have a good mixture in the forward areas.

“I’d like to think he could be involved on Saturday at some point. Whether he starts the game I’m not sure, we’ll see how he trains today and tomorrow and gauge it from there."

So we won't be getting rid of McHugh and Thomson, then.

That's almost certainly the front line sorted.

EOho8Pw.png

It is a meh signing, but he's there as cover and it gives us another option we can use before playing McHugh or Oliver as lone strikers or using Ben Armour from the bench when he isn't ready.

It does surely mean that Quitongo won't be back.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I'll be honest. After the initial impressive transfer business I'm now extremely pessimistic about our chances this season. I was hoping for a tight squad full of quality but we just have a tight squad riddled with injuries now. Letting Andy Murdoch go was insanity. I'd have preferred him to both Jim or Millar.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'll be honest. After the initial impressive transfer business I'm now extremely pessimistic about our chances this season. I was hoping for a tight squad full of quality but we just have a tight squad riddled with injuries now. Letting Andy Murdoch go was insanity. I'd have preferred him to both Jim or Millar.

Early doors to be writing us off already. Our second half performance at Partick was superb, with the midfield totally dominating it. I saw enough in that 45 minutes to tell me we have the potential to be very good. 

Early doors to be writing us off already. Our second half performance at Partick was superb, with the midfield totally dominating it. I saw enough in that 45 minutes to tell me we have the potential to be very good.

Nowhere have i written us off. I'm merely saying that on what I've seen thus far I believe we'll struggle.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I agree about Murdoch.  He's maybe not the next Iniesta but he brought energy to our midfield, and I think like Jamie Lindsay before him, we haven't managed to replace him.  I really cannot fathom why he was let go.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Striker Conor Bell has signed. This should mean it's curtains for Jai with us. Seem to recall him being a player with pace and was quite short

That sounds like Jai, short and fast.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Jai is crocked for at least another 3 months. 

I reckon there's still a chance he'll sign when he gets fit. 

I think it's in our best interests to cut ties with Jai and wish him well. It's a real shame for the boy but that knee injury has fucked him. It will have been 22 months since the injury happened by the time this 3 months passes and he's not been right since. The potential is still there, but we can't afford to pay a wage for a guy who might not play this season. 

Do we pay a wage for him though. Hes out of contract with us so why would we pay his wages. Like others have said his knee is ****ed so we move on good luck to jai but hes no longer a morton player.

I was meaning if no one comes in for him and he wanted to come back and sign for us. Wouldn't be worth it IMO. 

I was wondering if anyone else was worried.

The two promoted teams seem to have done ok so far, with Ayr scoring for fun. Queens have shown similar form, and would not have been my first choice for our opening game.

Whilst we haven’t exactly set the heather alight, neither have Falkirk, Dundee United or Ross County, in fairness.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Calm the ham. Save the panic for when it goes tits up, if it does.

Aye, the pre-season hasn't been excellent but we've assembled a squad in 3 weeks or so and have shown some signs (thisle second half) of playing some excellent football. 

Let's see if we can get a winger in. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived