Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 86 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raises questions about who took the decision to sign him, and why? How much of our pledge money has this wasted? This smacks of incompetence somewhere in the managerial team, although looks like Hopkin himself is prepared to act decisively when a mistake is made. Can Cameron Blues be next please?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Surely losing another defender makes it even more likely we will bring in at least one new player before the weekend?

Otherwise getting rid of 2 players from our weakest area of the pitch seems bizarre.

I never saw him play but by the sounds of it a tree would've put in a better performance than Van Schaik ever would. 

Would be quite funny if it wasn't fucking mental to have signed him, paid a fee and now agreed his departure so quickly, wasting our budget.

Won't lose any sleep over him and will have forgot he existed in a week.

I like the ruthless decisiveness, but questions remain on how this clusterfuck was allowed to happen.

Letting all these players go, but not bringing anyone in is quite frustrating.

This is clearing the decks for a new addition - whether it's a defender or another attacking midfielder though is anyone's guess right now.  

Good to see that we now have a ready rebuttal to the 'they need to get a guid chance in the jersey before judging them' tripe argument, whenever we land some obvious fucking haddy in the transfer market. He played one full game, was totally out of his depth and that was enough to see him out the door after 33 days. 33 too long IMO but at least the club isn't throwing good money after bad every week just for the sake of keeping face. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yeah, we have to have another centre back and right back in before Friday, and it would be helpful if one of them could cover left back as well. Van Schaik was about fifth choice centre back behind McAlister and Muirhead anyway, but if we don’t bring those players in then letting Tumilty go was insane.

The right back at least will surely be tied up by tomorrow.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It's fine to ask what went wrong that we signed this complete fucking loser in the first place, but as the saying goes, if you're going to fail, fail fast.

Surely we have at least one, preferably two defensive signings lined up ready to go.

EOho8Pw.png

Every player can have off days, but against Ayr he looked way out of his depth. Hopefully we've not wasted too much money in the process of this one, but it's good that we've cleared some room for a new centre half.

I was worried about the number of sub-par players we had signed or re-signed this summer, and that included Tumilty and Henk. So that's two out, and Blues and Ramsbottom are top of the list of the rest.

A new right back and centre half with some quality would make a big difference to our prospects this season. Some cover for left back would also help.

Archived