Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 83 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

He would be a good signing based on his experience in England playing about 150 games for Birmingham.

The worrying thing is again we may be signing a player who's previous season resulted in relegation for the division they were in, this case being bottom of League 1.

He's only just turned 31 and played for Scotland just over 3 years ago. Getting relegated with what seems to be a basket-case of a club really isn't something that would overly worry me about his ability.

AWMSC

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's only just turned 31 and played for Scotland just over 3 years ago. Getting relegated with what seems to be a basket-case of a club really isn't something that would overly worry me about his ability.

I would just be a little but worried over the mentality if we get dragged in to regulation battle.

Anyway it is still speculation at the moment.

Scott i do agree i would have preferred to see either another CB or even a LB so Strapp has some form of competition  

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

I would just be a little but worried over the mentality if we get dragged in to regulation battle.

Anyway it is still speculation at the moment.

Scott i do agree i would have preferred to see either another CB or even a LB so Strapp has some form of competition

What utter drivel. Worried about his mentality? What are you on about? Plus he can play left back also.

If I remember correctly Caddis is quite comfortable on the Left side as well as his preferred Right side. Could give us a first-choice RB option and cover for LB meaning we can just focus on a CB (if it happens obviously).

What utter drivel. Worried about his mentality? What are you on about? Plus he can play left back also.

i will take your point.

Just concerning that we may have a few players who all got relegated last season or didn't even play (Salkeld, Blues, Orsi, Van Sheik even Jacobs ended up in the relegation play off)  so worried that if we end up at the wrong end of the table we may not be able to get the points we need.

I understand that its all hypothetical and it situation may not even arise.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

i will take your point.

Just concerning that we may have a few players who all got relegated last season or didn't even play (Salkeld, Blues, Orsi, Van Sheik even Jacobs ended up in the relegation play off)  so worried that if we end up at the wrong end of the table we may not be able to get the points we need.

I understand that its all hypothetical and it situation may not even arise.

The problem is that most of them aren't very good, not that they were near the bottom of their league.

AWMSC

Would be quite happy with that tbh but a bit surprised we’ve signed a RB as a priority over a CB

We've already signed 3 centre backs, and are looking for one more. It shouldn't be a surprise. Tumilty is our only right full back. He's not very good and we've been shoe-horning midfielders into that position for over a month. It should surprise no-one that Hoppy wants to sign a right back. If we can get one that is also comfortable at left back, then that also provides a solution for what on earth to do when Strapp isn't available. 

I’d certainly be happy with Caddis if that came off. Plenty of experience at a higher level and he’s still only 31. Quite surprised he couldn’t get a lower-Premiership move but we’d obviously be using the Hopkin connection to pull it off.

Again “He’s a player who can play in a few positions...”

You’d hope that means he can defend, although he’s generally described as a right winger in any articles on him. Another right back option?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Would imagine he must be a good player but odd signing given we already have 9 midfielders at the club and only 5 defenders. Salkeld when he signed was talked about as being a brilliant player we were lucky to have etc and he is struggling to get a game so where does he fit in?

Looking forward to seeing what he can do right enough.

Archived