Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 91 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

Reading thistle thread on p&b, there seems to be a suggestion that he has a Billy big Bawz attitude.

Something I felt was always there while a player with us. Isn't half the player that he thinks he is.

He basically said that when he left us. Same with the completely unfounded rumour that he was joining Hearts, most likely source being him or his agent.

Took part in Peter Weatherson’s 7’s tourney years ago. Thought all the Morton players that took part that day were great, apart from O’Ware... he was absolutely full of himself.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah quite clear tbf that Muirhead isn’t fancied. When did he last play? It just be down to his attitude given the amount of clubs he’s been at already. I mind watching him warm up against Dumbarton and even then he looked like he couldn’t be fucked.

Because Muirhead is a dud and McHugh is well below the standard needed in this league 9 games out of 10.

Yeah, but as it stands we have enough competent attacking players to muddle through to mid-table and a defence poor enough to put us into the relegation battle. If we’re looking at two more signings today - and you’d think there’s no chance we can afford more - then defenders are the obvious priority.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I wouldn’t rule out O’Ware returning, but it certainly wouldn’t be to a ‘welcome home’ type fanfare. He would have to prove himself all over again, especially considering he has played very little football since leaving. I’d have major reservations about his fitness, regression of ability after a season without playing and his attitude.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Looks as though we might be getting Adam Livingstone in on loan from Motherwell..full back

Greenock Morton are favourites to sign Motherwell left-back Adam Livingstone on loan despite interest from Championship rivals Alloa Athletic, Dunfermline Athletic and Queen of the South. (Scottish Sun, print edition)

Looks as though we might be getting Adam Livingstone in on loan from Motherwell..full back

Left back. At least that might solve the problem of cover/competition for Strapp, but it still leaves us with nothing decent at right back and big issues at centre back. I'd still be hoping for two more. 

Yeah quite clear tbf that Muirhead isn’t fancied. When did he last play? It just be down to his attitude given the amount of clubs he’s been at already. I mind watching him warm up against Dumbarton and even then he looked like he couldn’t be fucked.

If we do sign another striker, surely Muirhead will be at Dumbarton before the day is out.

"Better than what we have" really shouldn't be the barometer, given that what we have is absolutely appalling. I'm also not sure that one player is going to rectify it either, as it's not just the individuals who are bad but the entire unit.

When you’re in the position we’re in though, I’d suggest that if not the barometer, it’s certainly a good starting point, and in my opinion at least, he’s considerably better than what we have, when fit anyway. We’re going to have to walk before we can run with this one.

And whilst we all know he’s a prick of a boy, we’re asking him to shore up a leaky defence, not come out for a pint with us. I suspect that him coming back will be unlikely though, given the restrictions on our budget and what I would expect to be his opinion of his value. The figures just won’t add up, unless he gets a ridiculous pay off from Partick, which I don’t see happening either.

Left back. At least that might solve the problem of cover/competition for Strapp, but it still leaves us with nothing decent at right back and big issues at centre back. I'd still be hoping for two more. 

No doubt the player will be pitched as 'being able to play more than one position' like our last 17 additions; if you think that we're actually going to add two more on top of that then you're deluded quite frankly.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I would have been all for signing a left back weeks ago to compete with Strapp but i'm sensing we have space for 1 maybe 2 more at a push with 1 day to go and we have much more pressing issues on the right and in the middle so would much rather focus on those areas. Strapp overall has been fine. If this boy comes in and is good then brilliant but won't make a difference if we are being destroyed down the right hand side.

No doubt the player will be pitched as 'being able to play more than one position' like our last 17 additions; if you think that we're actually going to add two more on top of that then you're deluded quite frankly.

No, I don't think we will. It was meant as a criticism of our squad building and where we have been left short. 

We've signed or re-signed 20+ players this summer and could finish August with no recognised right back and a mess at centre half. 

Archived