Morton vs Whoever we're playing - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Whoever we're playing

port-ton

Unlucky not to get a point, decent last half hour. First hour didn't deserve anything though.

That's the problem. Much like the Dundee Utd home game it took us far too long to show a bit of fight. You can't just play for 20 minutes put of the 90 and expect any better than we're getting.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazingly we actually looked like something resembling a football team by putting on even an average player with a bit of pace and trickery, who knew.

They were there for the taking today as well which is the most frustrating thing.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Thought we were decent the first 10-15 too.

Thompson was rotten again and a waste of a jersey.

Hopefully he moved on on January to a

Part time gig and works full time.

Worried about the partick game with suspensions.

We looked decent in the last half an hour, bit of pace, pressing, actually finding a man with passes and creating chances.

Tiff missed a sitter, their keeper had a good save or 2 and we hit the post.

Let's not let that cloud the fact that Caley should have been out of sight by then with the penalty miss and other great chances.

We can feel unlucky that the post denied us a point but it was all our own fault the position we were in by that point for not being at the races for the main part of the game. Credit for picking the heads up though when it looked like they were going down again.

Special mention for McLean's pathetic attempt to get a penalty when he should have just got the ball across. Did nothing when he came on and will be glad to see him fuck off to Falkirk.

We looked decent in the last half an hour, bit of pace, pressing, actually finding a man with passes and creating chances.

Tiff missed a sitter, their keeper had a good save or 2 and we hit the post.

Let's not let that cloud the fact that Caley should have been out of sight by then with the penalty miss and other great chances.

We can feel unlucky that the post denied us a point but it was all our own fault the position we were in by that point for not being at the races for the main part of the game. Credit for picking the heads up though when it looked like they were going down again.

Special mention for McLean's pathetic attempt to get a penalty when he should have just got the ball across. Did nothing when he came on and will be glad to see him **** off to Falkirk.

That was a spectacularly bad dive.

Sigh. Aside from the last quarter that was really rather bad again. Fair play to Tiffoney for doing as well as he did when he came on - good goal and was screaming for the ball then after, quite rightly. We were perhaps unlucky not to get a point but as Jamie says, Inverness should’ve been out of sight.

Hope the cunts chanting”COLL DONALDSON” non-stop’s bus breaks down.

The lack of players who can take opponents on in our squad is frightening. We are so one dimensional it's unbelievable.

McLean is probably the only player who can and he can't get in the team for some reason. ** Tiffoney need not apply

Tiffoney wasn’t that bad when he came on. McLean was pish.

Thought we played well the first 10-15 mins but we were absolutely awful at the back. How many times were we caught out with a simple ball through the middle of the defence? Not good enough. A lot of work to be done in January or Johansen will be away by march

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I believe we’ve got one more point now than the gormless Jim McInally managed side had at the halfway point of the 2007/08 season. And the momentum of the campaign is heading in exactly the same direction.

Johansson is gubbins; it’s time to get rid.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hopefully that might encourage JJ to play actual wingers. Fuck knows why he doesn’t as we’re so predictable going forward. Teams mark Tidser out the game and we have no cutting edge in the final 3rd.

He should be binned but I just can’t see the board doing that anytime soon.

Last six games:

W0 D3 L3 F2 A8

The only managers in the world who wouldn't be under pressure after a run of results like that are those managing newly promoted sides at a level where they're expected to be out of their depth, or taking over a side already getting results that bad or worse mid-season. Neither of those excuses apply to Johansson; he's simply clueless and our initial results under him being considerably less terrible than this (albeit still unacceptable) only make the current run of form more alarming, not less.

He's not a manager and we need to get rid before he can do even more damage in January. The club is sleepwalking into a relegation battle.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Pedro Caixinha didn't stand a chance at Rangers with him in his backroom staff. He should have chose Barry Ferguson or John Brown after the interview process.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We looked a much better proposition after the subs. Tiffoney being direct, as has been noted, but also Lyon. I thought we were much better with him on. Always finding the right pass, he has a good range of passes too and seemed to having plenty time on the ball.

Must be in contention for Saturday as it seems a real possibility that McAlister could be centre back again.

That was, by and large, pish.

Gaston at fault for the first and the second was a free header not being wasted this time. Good goal by Tiffoney but the urgency was lacking for much of the game. Going to be some team we'll be sending to Firhill next week.

Get JJ tae feck. Not good enough for our club.

Also, it looked like a number of the hospitality folk came out for the second half in time to see the Caley players celebrating their 2nd goal. That is amateur stuff from us and puts me off ever booking it for myself.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Sigh. Aside from the last quarter that was really rather bad again. Fair play to Tiffoney for doing as well as he did when he came on - good goal and was screaming for the ball then after, quite rightly. We were perhaps unlucky not to get a point but as Jamie says, Inverness should’ve been out of sight.

Hope the **** chanting”COLL DONALDSON” non-stop’s bus breaks down.

Who is Coll Donaldson?

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived