Morton vs Whoever we're playing - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Whoever we're playing

port-ton

That was, by and large, pish.

Gaston at fault for the first and the second was a free header not being wasted this time. Good goal by Tiffoney but the urgency was lacking for much of the game. Going to be some team we'll be sending to Firhill next week.

Get JJ tae feck. Not good enough for our club.

Also, it looked like a number of the hospitality folk came out for the second half in time to see the Caley players celebrating their 2nd goal. That is amateur stuff from us and puts me off ever booking it for myself.

The hospitality is quality and well worth it, especially if you get an early bird deal.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mcalister with his huffy wee boy blaming face on again at Gaston (who admittedly should have came off his line sooner)

Getting sick of the attitude now from our captain that isn't backed up by his performances.

Gaston is dreadful - Jim is not - for all the people who defend Gaston and have a go at Jim - they need a serious look at themselves ...

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

How the fuck Kilday is still stinking the place out I’ll never know.

Lyon really unlucky with that header and we looked brighter when he came on. Tumilty looked decent today, always an outlet and never hiding. Millar looked a frustrated figure as he was trying to drive us on.

Trying to not criticise JJ but it really hasn’t been good enough so far. But if he can have a good transfer window maybe he’ll prove doubters wrong. Not convinced he knows what he’s doing tbh but will be happy if proved wrong.

Another Saturday ruined 😂 Cheers Morton 👍🏻

Last six games:

W0 D3 L3 F2 A8

The only managers in the world who wouldn't be under pressure after a run of results like that are those managing newly promoted sides at a level where they're expected to be out of their depth, or taking over a side already getting results that bad or worse mid-season. Neither of those excuses apply to Johansson; he's simply clueless and our initial results under him being considerably less terrible than this (albeit still unacceptable) only make the current run of form more alarming, not less.

He's not a manager and we need to get rid before he can do even more damage in January. The club is sleepwalking into a relegation battle.

Facts!

Agreed with it all.

Robert Thomson is honkin.

While this is true, he also isn’t and never has been the centre forward targetman that we start shelling long balls up to most of the time. He’s like Chris Templeman mk. II up there.

He should be packed off back to Dumbarton but the failure to achieve anything with him rests on the clown in the dugout as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

How s***e is Gaston at facing penalties? He doesn’t even dive for them.

Not sure that he never dives but he certainly doesn’t make the goal look small to the striker, that’s for sure.

One good goalkeeper would have earned us 4-5 points over the two mediocre options we opted for in the summer already.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I thought we were the better team until they scored.  After that we were mince, couldn't string two passes together and always looked vulnerable to any long ball through the middle.  Once Waddell went off we were down and out but the missed penalty should have set us up for the Alamo.  However we failed to put in any tackles and just stood and watched Inverness doing their thing.

When Tiffoney and Lyon came on, we looked a lot more lively.  Suddenly we had a pacey winger, and Lyon looked composed in midfield.  He looks a decent prospect.  We actually could have ground out a draw there but that double miss/save cost us a point.

Maybe a controversial opinion but I think Tiffoney should start next week.  Without him we have no pace and no guile up front. I don't like the way Livi signed him and we got him back on loan, and his attitude seems a bit miserable, but while he's here we need to make good use of him.  We are hardly overflowing with decent players at the moment.  Particularly players prepared to take on opponents and have a shot at goal.

I thought Kilday was very poor today although a lot of the time it was because he was getting dragged to the ground by his opponent - why no booking for persistent fouling?  however countless times Kilday headed the ball up in the air or straight to the opposition.  He doesn't look like the player he was before his injury.

For me MotM was probably Mcallister.  Put in a great shift and for once was visible.  Millar is a class act but clearly gets annoyed by the numpties around him.

Our main problem is that we have a shallow squad and lots of injuries (and now suspensions).  too many players are simply not good enough.  We probably have enough to stay around mid-table but we desperately need to get the suspensions over and get the likes of Denny back - and we have to sign more players in January.  Thomson is not good enough and McHugh is isolated without a partner to set him up.  Depressing stuff.  Sort it, Jonathan, or admit you can't and resign.

Probably not back at Cappielow for at least a month, and I've abandoned any idea of Firhill next Saturday.  We're going to the panto at the King's Theatre next Sunday and 2 pantomimes in one weekend is too much.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

If only there was an undefeated, title winning manager in the Swedish leagues and a literal club legend who we gormlessly overlooked for Johansson and his equally crap competitor Gary fucking Caldwell a few months ago. A recruitment policy that has ended in utter failure.

Bring Him Home.

January - JJ brings in a few uninspiring signings

February - we continue to be all at sea

March - the relegation battle is real and JJ is let go.

We have seen it too many tines with Morton.

I noticed Rowan Alexander was in today’s programme and he has been on the press of late, I hope we are not gullible enough to look at him next.

Morton fans blaming the manager for the defeat that was cause by individual errors, are embarrassing jokes that should stop going to games immediately. Tactically we were absolutely fine until Gaston’s feet were glued to his six yard box and Waddel went full woman’s volley ball.

The folk blaming the manager cause the players make a cunt of their basic job are tragic. Hand in your season tickets and go watch Rugby. Fannies.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Gaston was shocking yesterday hesitated for both the goal and the incident that lead to the red card, it cost us the game he needs dropped. Priority for Jan must be a centre half Kilday is torture, he gets bullied on a regular basis. I'd also like to see McAllister moved on but unfortunately I can't see that happening he's constantly moaning at players him and Tidser spent the 1st 10 mins of the 2nd half arguing, McAllister seems to be causing issues in the changing room with his holier than thou attitude which is not backed up by his own performance. We'd be better off without him, Lyon was the highlight of the day and the other bit of transfer business that's a priority would be a striker that can lead the line.

January - JJ brings in a few uninspiring signings

February - we continue to be all at sea

March - the relegation battle is real and JJ is let go.

We have seen it too many tines with Morton.

I noticed Rowan Alexander was in today’s programme and he has been on the press of late, I hope we are not gullible enough to look at him next.

If we remain winless and East Fife pap us out the Cup he’ll be gone.

I don't get the abuse for McAlister. Yes he's constantly talking (both encouraging and moaning) but as the captain is that not his job?

In terms of performances I also don't think he's been that bad. He's a totally different player to the one we first had. Not sure if people are expecting him to be that player after all these years?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I don't get the abuse for McAlister. Yes he's constantly talking (both encouraging and moaning) but as the captain is that not his job?

In terms of performances I also don't think he's been that bad. He's a totally different player to the one we first had. Not sure if people are expecting him to be that player after all these years?

I'm not abusing him I just think it would be best for all if we shipped him out in January and addressed a couple of weaknesses at centre half and centre forward, simples.

Archived