The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 109 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Do you really think he was having a go at Tumilty though? Keenan undoubtedly did, but Tiffoney doesn't have that in his head- he's an absolute moron, but can't help that. For all we know he pressed the wee love heart on the screen as he was trying to clean his drool off it.

The more pressing issue is that we've taken a kid from f*cking Livingston to develop. I could deal with him getting a run in our team as he was a work in progress last season- he still is that, but what's the point if he's not our work in progress?

Loan deals should be used as short term fixes to get a job done. All we're doing here is giving someone else's player a game without actually improving what we already have.

Nah, not really to be honest, although it's a bit dickish to be liking a tweet like Keenan's when it's very possible/probable that you'll end up at Morton anyway.

Can't really disagree with your post though, whether he's a dick or not is secondary to him not being very good at football. If we're taking players on loan, you'd be wanting somebody better and somebody who didn't think he's too good to sign up on a proper deal.

AWMSC

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at it from McKinnon's point of view as a coach, this must be infuriating. The first team spends four days a week in physical training with one of your players missing half of your weekly schedule. He also misses analysis of what happened in the previous game: so good luck ironing out any errors made by Tiffoney that cost the team at either end of the park because he's training at ****ing Livingston instead. And won't swan in until Thursday morning to find out what the script is for the next game. If I were McKinnon I'd be giving him reserve football and a spot warming the bench at most for the six months as he's not going to be properly integrated into the team. 

This deal has Iron Man's fingerprints all over it - it must have seemed as good a wheeze as when he rubber stamped spending a six figure sum on a set of shan electronic turnstiles that still couldn't work properly last Saturday. Perhaps the club can update us as to when this much-vaunted youth development strategy is going to reap rewards, because if a token 'undisclosed' sum and a rent-a-jobber arrangement with ****ing Livingston is what we should expect then it's time to park this project, put it into reverse and drive those responsible for it into the sea. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Foregoing his activity on Twitter which were the moronic actions of a well documented fucking simpleton. Forgiving him believing his own hype and the interest from Swansea and Forest and messing us around chasing a better deal elsewhere (which he got in a 2 year deat Livingston that we wouldn't have matched, albeit not the dream deal he might have expected).

Ignoring all that, focusing purely on Football it is a shite signing and an abysmal way to use up one of our loan slots on a player that has been largely ineffective for us in the past and isn't any better than what we really have. Add to that the fact he will spend half his time training at Livi and it's just a terrible arrangement all round.

Loans should only be used to sign players from bigger teams, of a higher calibre that we otherwise would be unlikely to sign. Not one of our former youths that most wouldn't have had in the team anyway even when he was our player.

Tiffoney was cut a lot of slack when in the team previously and playing poorly or ineffective because he was young, our youth player breaking through, giving him a chance he is still learning.

He isn't our youth player breaking through now, he doesn't get that slack, and will find out pretty quickly what we think if he is not performing.

Foregoing his activity on Twitter which were the moronic actions of a well documented ****ing simpleton. Forgiving him believing his own hype and the interest from Swansea and Forest and messing us around chasing a better deal elsewhere (which he got in a 2 year deat Livingston that we wouldn't have matched, albeit not the dream deal he might have expected).

Ignoring all that, focusing purely on Football it is a s***e signing and an abysmal way to use up one of our loan slots on a player that has been largely ineffective for us in the past and isn't any better than what we really have. Add to that the fact he will spend half his time training at Livi and it's just a terrible arrangement all round.

Loans should only be used to sign players from bigger teams, of a higher calibre that we otherwise would be unlikely to sign. Not one of our former youths that most wouldn't have had in the team anyway even when he was our player.

Tiffoney was cut a lot of slack when in the team previously and playing poorly or ineffective because he was young, our youth player breaking through, giving him a chance he is still learning.

He isn't our youth player breaking through now, he doesn't get that slack, and will find out pretty quickly what we think if he is not performing.

Spot on.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Spot on.

Foregoing his activity on Twitter which were the moronic actions of a well documented ****ing simpleton. Forgiving him believing his own hype and the interest from Swansea and Forest and messing us around chasing a better deal elsewhere (which he got in a 2 year deat Livingston that we wouldn't have matched, albeit not the dream deal he might have expected).

Ignoring all that, focusing purely on Football it is a s***e signing and an abysmal way to use up one of our loan slots on a player that has been largely ineffective for us in the past and isn't any better than what we really have. Add to that the fact he will spend half his time training at Livi and it's just a terrible arrangement all round.

Was so disgusted that Tiffoney was coming back that I hadn't thought the points above.  We've just brought back a player on loan that really shouldn't have been in our starting 11 last season... one the the most bizarre/worst deals I've ever heard of. Would only make sense if Morton were getting him back for free... and even at that I wouldn't want him at the club.

Thinking of the best loan deals Morton have ever had... Earnshaw and John Spencer spring to mind.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Was so disgusted that Tiffoney was coming back that I hadn't thought the points above.  We've just brought back a player on loan that really shouldn't have been in our starting 11 last season... one the the most bizarre/worst deals I've ever heard of. Would only make sense if Morton were getting him back for free... and even at that I wouldn't want him at the club.

Thinking of the best loan deals Morton have ever had... Earnshaw and John Spencer spring to mind.

I'm pretty sure that Morton would have had players who done more for the club than those whom you mentioned.

For example, around the same era as Robert Earnshaw was on loan for us, we had Paul Hartley and Paddy Connolly. Also, Declan McManus and Denny Johnstone both scored more for us than John Spencer ever did.

There will be more, which only proves this is just more clueless attention-seeking drivel from yourself.

*insert signature here*

If we're talking ability, yeah, Earnshaw was special.

But impact? Eddie ****ing Annand meant more to this club's history.

Paul McGowan.

I thought he was a great young player and was brilliant for us, and although he has had a reasonable career I thought he could have done so much more.

*insert signature here*

In recent years aidan nesbitt stands out for me. He was a cracking player. Just didn't do often enough.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Tele reporting that we're not due any comp for Jai. Not sure if that's true, or just lazy journalism.

Looks like he might also sign for Dundee.

Surely can’t be true you’d think. We’re letting our single biggest asset go over the past 2 seasons for absolutely nothing? If this retracting the contract offer means we get hee haw compensation wise then surely the contract is left on the table indefinetly to protect us.

If we’re getting nothing compensation wise for Jai and Russell then questions should be getting asked of the person making these decisions, as it isn’t safeguarding ourselves.

Surely can’t be true you’d think. We’re letting our single biggest asset go over the past 2 seasons for absolutely nothing? If this retracting the contract offer means we get hee haw compensation wise then surely the contract is left on the table indefinetly to protect us.

If we’re getting nothing compensation wise for Jai and Russell then questions should be getting asked of the person making these decisions, as it isn’t safeguarding ourselves.

The other side is havinv to pay someone who's injured or not committed though.

Archived