The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 108 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiffoney deal agreed before Miller got the job according to their website.

He'll also train with them Monday and Tuesday as part of a strength and conditioning programme.

Because he's of course being farmed out to Albion Rovers or some other pub team whose normal weekday training consists of a brief jog round the park and a four-pack of Stella. 

I've heard plenty from this deal now - get it fucking binned like the abortion of a kit that the club also tried to peddle a few seasons ago. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yeah, this is embarrassing now. That's the kind of arrangement a part-time team has. Let him go for a kickabout with the proles, but make sure he's at fucking Almondvale for the hard work.

I'd accept that if we were getting a player from Arsenal or even Celtic but this is a team that was in our division last season.

EOho8Pw.png

Why not let him play five a sides with his mates at 12pm on a Saturday as well.

Bending over backwards for a Livingston youth that wasn't good enough to start for us last season.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I thought someone was on here a few months ago saying we were due compensation if we offered the young players a deal, even if they got withdrawn after a while?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3998/scottish-fa-handbook-18_19.pdf

Page 194.

edit: sorry, gave last year's page number originally (206)

If we made an offer to a player who turned 23 in the season in question:

At the same or better terms of his previous deal

In writing before his last contract expired

Kept the offer pending for 21 days after his last deal expired

Filed a copy of this offer with the SFA Secretary

Then the next club to sign him has to contact us to discuss compensation. Unless we waive that right.

EOho8Pw.png

We are giving away free players like fucking Oprah.

Would be good of the club to clarify either way as the speculation is not good for the atmosphere with the fans.

We have a business model of one year deals and a youth academy. Those two things do not work together if you're giving those players away for nothing because no one will pay compensation and.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We are giving away free players like fucking Oprah.

Would be good of the club to clarify either way as the speculation is not good for the atmosphere with the fans.

We have a business model of one year deals and a youth academy. Those two things do not work together if you're giving those players away for nothing because no one will pay compensation and.

And what?

Tiffoney is raw, with occasional flashes of being a good player at this level. (ICT & United away last season for example) We were developing him, and being a young player thrown into the fire, his inconsistencies and flaws were often looked past because of the bigger picture. Now, we’ve just got a decent-ish, inconsistent winger for 6 months and the development factor isn’t really there because he won’t be our player - so what’s the point?

Probably a fair point about Harkins but Tiffoney has shown Morton nothing but disrespect recently.

From what I've heard Tiffoney is an ar** of a boy (coming from a slightly younger youth team player), so his liking of moronic tweets and apparent disrespect for the club is no surprise. Who at Morton sanctioned this? It's fairly clueless....

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

He didn't have a contract to pay out though.

Well, we had to offer him a contract to enable us to be entitled to a pay out and given his age and development fee there is an unwritten contract there that any potential admirer must pay is essence.

I can only think that he or his agent have bought out the contractual term/money owed to the club.

You don't just let a player with the potential to earn you a payment walk off with your blessing.

Crawford will know the rules and legislation.

Maybe his knee is goosed again and he needs an operation and the club have taken the offer away as we are not going to find another operation and recovery.

Well, we had to offer him a contract to enable us to be entitled to a pay out and given his age and development fee there is an unwritten contract there that any potential admirer must pay is essence.

I can only think that he or his agent have bought out the contractual term/money owed to the club.

You don't just let a player with the potential to earn you a payment walk off with your blessing.

Crawford will know the rules and legislation.

Maybe his knee is goosed again and he needs an operation and the club have taken the offer away as we are not going to find another operation and recovery.

I think the latter is more likely. As time goes on it's even longer since he's played a game so there would be a risk of him just signing and it being a complete waste of a wage.

It's a gamble either way so time will tell if it's paid off.

Personally I'd have loved him to sign if he could stay fit.

Think we've put a good squad together but **** me....bringing Tiffoney back is pretty worrying. There's got to be somebody better available.

McLean, Telfer and maybe Oliver will surely be ahead of him for the wide positions so depending on what the deal was than I don't think it's that worrying. He's OK as cover.

Having said that I don't like his attitude but that seems to stem from him being stupid more than anything else so willing to let it slip if he puts the effort in.

I wouldn't have taken him back and would have looked elsewhere but I can only imagine we are paying zero of his wage and decided to take a punt.

Have to wonder how the rest of the squad will react to an average player who's spent the summer acting as if he's too good for Morton and effectively having a go at Tumilty.

If he's on a low wage, fine, but even at that it's still entirely uninspiring. Doesn't say much for the youth system if there's not a winger of comparable standard either.

AWMSC

Have to wonder how the rest of the squad will react to an average player who's spent the summer acting as if he's too good for Morton and effectively having a go at Tumilty.

If he's on a low wage, fine, but even at that it's still entirely uninspiring. Doesn't say much for the youth system if there's not a winger of comparable standard either.

Do you really think he was having a go at Tumilty though? Keenan undoubtedly did, but Tiffoney doesn't have that in his head- he's an absolute moron, but can't help that. For all we know he pressed the wee love heart on the screen as he was trying to clean his drool off it.

The more pressing issue is that we've taken a kid from f*cking Livingston to develop. I could deal with him getting a run in our team as he was a work in progress last season- he still is that, but what's the point if he's not our work in progress?

Loan deals should be used as short term fixes to get a job done. All we're doing here is giving someone else's player a game without actually improving what we already have.

The Tumilty thing is much ado about nothing. I doubt it will even raise an eyebrow in the dressing room even to Tumilty himself.

As Toby said the real issue is letting an average player we used to own, sign for a club like Livingston then have him come back to us on a part time basis as if we are some diddy wee club and have signed someone from Real Madrid.

Ultimately it all boils down to him not being good enough though. If Quitongo is fully fit and signed for Livingston and was loaned back to us then not a word would have been said.

32.gif

The Tumilty thing is much ado about nothing. I doubt it will even raise an eyebrow in the dressing room even to Tumilty himself.

As Toby said the real issue is letting an average player we used to own, sign for a club like Livingston then have him come back to us on a part time basis as if we are some diddy wee club and have signed someone from Real Madrid.

Ultimately it all boils down to him not being good enough though. If Quitongo is fully fit and signed for Livingston and was loaned back to us then not a word would have been said.

That's pretty much spot on.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived