The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 107 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undisclosed fee for Tiff. Some money at least (presumably).

Would definitely be a morton thing to declare zero as an undisclosed fee :lol:

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If we have withdrawn Russells contract and we’re getting nothing by the looks of it after he signs for Falkirk, it just seems like madness to withdraw Jai’s contract to potentially see us with absolutely nothing.

Tiffoney was useful for his effort, and occasionally showed some ability, but I'm not at all convinced that he'll make it at this level. Disappointing loan signing.

Worrying that Jai is free to sign for a new club. Hopefully it just means that we'll let the tribunal decide, but I'm not holding my breath there.

I understand all of the comments and I have to say agree with most.

What if he comes off the bench tomorrow and scores the winner for us, big what if I know, but what if?

Nobody would give a fuck because it's a game in August against fucking Alloa.

Next.

I've been actively defending the club and giving them the benefit of the doubt, but given that Tiffoney has been announced as an 'undisclosed fee', I'm taking the absence of any mention of a fee, tribunal, or compensation to mean 'no money'.

EOho8Pw.png

I can only think that Jai or his agent have paid out his contract in some way to allow him to leave.

Personally I would have let him rot until a club signed him.

Wouldn't have taken Tiffoney back but at least there would appear to be some form of compensation and hopefully we included a sell on % also.

If we are actually withdrawing contracts and also waiving our right to compensation, then Morton are even more incompetent than we all know them to be.

Not really. If he's not fit and no one wants him he would be within his rights to just accept since it's on offer. That would be a waste of a wage so there needs to be a line somewhere.

I can only think that Jai or his agent have paid out his contract in some way to allow him to leave.

Personally I would have let him rot until a club signed him.

Wouldn't have taken Tiffoney back but at least there would appear to be some form of compensation and hopefully we included a sell on % also.

He didn't have a contract to pay out though.

Not really. If he's not fit and no one wants him he would be within his rights to just accept since it's on offer. That would be a waste of a wage so there needs to be a line somewhere.

Withdrawing your offer and waiving compensation are two different things.

EOho8Pw.png

Yes they are they also don't zip up the at the back and appreciate being taken for mugs. If we were getting a deal similar to what St Mirren got with Morgan then it's all good but we're getting a crap winger back who bailed on us for ****ing Livi.

Correct. The club might be okay with this shan arrangement but there's no reason for this once-proud fanbase to follow suit. We've ended up with a sand-dancer on Livingston's - fucking Livingston's - terms who has already burnt his bridges at the club over the summer. Every part of this should be hounded into the sea where it belongs. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived