The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread - Page 114 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big 2018-19 Squad Thread

TRVMP

Or it could be that these matters are considered to come into the category of contractual agreements and are therefore considered confidential. If that is the case the club should simply say so and give a more general explanation of their policy regarding seeking compensation for players who move on.

The continuing silence is unacceptable.

Quite. We don't need specifics about individual players or their earnings, but we do need clarity regarding the overarching issue.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite. We don't need specifics about individual players or their earnings, but we do need clarity regarding the overarching issue.

The club don’t see it as that though, they’ve got our season ticket money now and how they conduct their business is none of our business.

Rather than building trust amongst a still sceptical support by explaining their position, the continued silence will hopefully for them allow this farce to just go away and eventually be forgotten about.

For all the positive noises you hear from time to time, it’s as if some things will never change. Morton f*cking up and burying their heads in the sand in response are two of those things.

The board probably have the outlook that it's not really the fans business with regards to contractual/compensation matters, and the majority of times i would agree, however the board have asked fans to buy in to their plans to get promotion that the Chairman has stated, and that Morton need to become a sustainable business model and their plan to do this is to have a successful youth structure in place.

Morton fans have bought in to these plans big time this summer, whether it be financially with a huge increase in season tickets sold, or emotionally with the positivity towards the new signings, the season ahead and the fact the board put an actual plan in place to see us hopefully progress on and off the park. 

So yeah, under the old regime i'd probably be okay with the club's silence regarding clarifying the situation with compensation for players who have left this summer, but we're just as invested in their plans as they are now and we need an honest update on whats going on. It doesn't matter if it's a statement telling us that we're all wrong and we received money/future percentage of transfers etc or a statement telling us they've messed up bigtime and no one is willing to sign the players for compensation and they don't want to stand in the way of a young player's career by holding their registration.

There needs to be transparency if they want us to continue investing our money and time in to this grand plan.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The club would be entitled to claim confidentiality on the token sums received for these players if they hadn’t previously claimed that youth-based sustainability was the utterly shan, Airdrie United esque future for the first team that the fanbase should shut up and put up with. They may well be rethinking this gubbins strategy now but given that Iron Man and his buddies already promised easy profits for fielding home-grown jobbers, it’s incumbent on them to show the first set of financial returns. Otherwise there’s no good reason for anyone to buy into their pipe dream.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McKinnon said he was looking for 2 more then brought in Bell and Tiff so unfortunately I think that might be us.

Personally think we should still be looking for an attacking wide man as Telfer and now Iredale have played there and Tiff isn't the answer either.

If we were to add a real quality attacking option this week, id be delighted with the squad.

Only concern I'd have is Waddell getting frustrated with lack of game time and wanting to head back to Dundee. Would have thought he would have been a certain starter having played 20+ games for Dundee last season.

McKinnon said he was looking for 2 more then brought in Bell and Tiff so unfortunately I think that might be us.

Personally think we should still be looking for an attacking wide man as Telfer and now Iredale have played there and Tiff isn't the answer either.

If we were to add a real quality attacking option this week, id be delighted with the squad.

Only concern I'd have is Waddell getting frustrated with lack of game time and wanting to head back to Dundee. Would have thought he would have been a certain starter having played 20+ games for Dundee last season.

Aye, there is always that chance, but I think between now and January he will get a decent amount of game time, particularly as the two centre backs still look shaky at times. 

There's no reason why we can't send Tiffoney back in January and find a better option. Or have the audacity to request that the players train with us full time. 

He has a boy from aus in on trial. Does that not suggest were after another?

We could just be having a look, but that could also suggest that we're looking at a loan deal for someone to free up some funds. 

If we are going to add another player than I wouldn't think it'll be a striker. 

Yesterday must’ve been the first time in years that we’ve had to leave fully fit players in the stand. The 2 Thomson’s are fit as well as Ben Armour. We’re not short of attacking options btw.

I’m hoping we can somehow loan Robert Thomson out. I can’t see him getting anywhere near the team in the coming weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived