Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (6th January) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dundee United vs Morton (6th January)

6 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

I fancy they will bring a decent support. 

Agreed. Let's hope that it pishes it down so their cravats get wet and their Prosecco gets diluted whilst they stand shivering in the WDE. Respect, however, to @Toby's thread regarding this very thing. He's 100% right.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Absolutely brilliant performance today. Another win and another hattrick. 

Since Oakley has been the club I must admit I hate to go overboard but he has probably been the best forward I have seen in years. 

The way he holds up the ball, the way he links up the play, the endless workrate and genuine goal threat he poses is superb he has taken his game to another level and on top of that seems an all round nice guy, couldn't be happier for him. 

Living up to big bad physical morton, what a shame for everyone else. Next weekend is massive let's maybe hope for 3000 attendance plus as I fancy they will bring a decent support. 

No need to be shy, I fancy him as well

That was class, fans were brilliant today, got right behind the team and great to see the full team and manager over at the end.

The rage at Strapp throw ins was worth the 25 quid alone.

Huge next week, hopefully we can get over 2000 home fans, players deserve it.

Edited by Madton

The radio had Willie Miller and Jim Duffy as co-commentators/pundits. Duffy was particularly impressed by us and Oakley's finishing.

Was a very nervy listen but the booing in the background was delicious.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Oakley have a Grimshaw-style move in the summer. When he's on his game he's so clearly a cut above. 

EOho8Pw.png

37 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Oakley have a Grimshaw-style move in the summer. When he's on his game he's so clearly a cut above. 

I was gutted when Gozie left and we missed someone with his physical presence that following season until the January when gorgeous arrived. He's a massive upgrade on Gozie for me. He's a brilliant focal point for the team, a nightmare for defenders in the air and brilliant at pressing from the front, has a decent amount of pace and is almost deceptively very good with his feet. 

If he was more prolific in front of goal then he'd have four Ballon D'ors by now. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Cannae wait to see the highlights. Oh, and if we were to win our game in hand, we’d be in 4th. We can look upwards now - what a run we’re on. 17 points from the last 7 games. Superb. To think folk were saying Dougie should be sacked. He’s shown what he can do when we have our squad fit.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

12 minutes ago, Scott said:

I’d hope we’re putting an offer in front of Crawford, Oakley and Muirhead this month to try and avoid them signing pre contracts elsewhere. 

Dougie said he is talking to Muirhead before the game today. Imagine he will be trying to tie down the core again.

• Upvote 1

Obviously there’s more behind the current form than the return of Strapp, but just wondering if Mr Dunning might fancy doing a McGrattan style with/without comparison? It’s been so good to see him back better than ever.

Edited by CM48

Loving the Twitter meltdowns from that lot.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

11 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Good to hear but we'll need to have a sound financial footing to achieve that, realistically speaking.

It's high time that MCT made another push to try and convert more supporters into owners of the club too. Don't get me wrong, having around 1000 subscriptions is already a huge success, but we're still missing a trick by not trying to get even 50 more folk added to the scheme right now. 

Finances are tight at this time of the year, but if we're not going to capitalise on the goodwill right now then we'll regret that opportunity missed. It's an investment in obtaining more results like today instead of circling the drain in the seaside leagues like Queen of the South.

Aye, a retweet of the clubs post and tagging the general manager for some reason instead of saying you could be part of this for £10 a month or something with a link to join seems a bit of a wasted opportunity.