Squad for next Season - Page 130 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Wouldn't be too fussed about French going back, definitely not the player I expected. 

If Strapp goes anywhere I would think it would be Killie he was training with the reserves and played some minutes with them seems a logical choice but let's hope he stats until the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Wouldn't be too fussed about French going back, definitely not the player I expected. 

If Strapp goes anywhere I would think it would be Killie he was training with the reserves and played some minutes with them seems a logical choice but let's hope he stats until the end of the season. 

I've heard from a couple of people that strapp has signed for Killie and will join them once his contract ends with us.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Tele's saying Strapp's been offered an extension until the end of the season. He says he'll  see what offers are on the table and decide from there.

This article about January transfers has a section where Dougie talks about Michael Garrity, it gives a clear insight to his actual policy towards our young players.

Hopefully it will help our delusional friend realise there is not, nor ever was, any policy or plan put in place by Dougie to not utilise our youth.

Edited by Cappiecat 1.2
  • Upvote 2

There's always a worry when someone comes back from a long-term injury that they might have lost something, but in Lewis' case if anything he's come back even stronger than before. I'm sure won't have gone unnoticed by other clubs, I will be very pleasantly surprised if we can hold on to him after January.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

1 hour ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

It gives a clear insight to his actual policy towards our young players.

Hopefully it will help our delusional friend realise there is, nor ever was, any policy or plan put in place by Dougie to not utilise our youth.

Agreed. During Dougie's Ayr post-match interview, he specifically mentions the fact that he's tried to get Logan O'Boy onto the grass for some game time, but the situation during previous games didn't allow it. But when we were cruising yesterday, he brought the young laddie on without hesitation. Dougie's very complimentary about him.

On 1/1/2024 at 5:29 PM, Mr.Blue said:

I've heard from a couple of people that strapp has signed for Killie and will join them once his contract ends with us.

Heard the same thing,  however, McInnes interviewed on STV news and said that he was looking to do only one bit of business in the window and that would be in a forward area.

1 minute ago, SassenachTon said:

Agreed. During Dougie's Ayr post-match interview, he specifically mentions the fact that he's tried to get Logan O'Boy onto the grass .

Given the strong aroma around the Cowshed pie stall and toilets yesterday,  there probably wasn't enough to go around!

The squad is amazingly looking too bloated now after a season of injuries. 

We could lose French, Strapp and potentially Wilson this month if QOS have a call back clause which would make defensive reinforcements the priority however I can't help feel that a back up to Oakley is our most key addition this month if possible as we look a completely different attacking threat without him. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

12 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Heard the same thing,  however, McInnes interviewed on STV news and said that he was looking to do only one bit of business in the window and that would be in a forward area.

Maybe they would want to sign him but put him out on loan to us until the end of the season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I’d love to keep Strapp, but can we really justify having 2 left backs with King as cover on the books? 
I thought Waters was one of our better performers during our shite run of form up until Nov/December and he’s a decent enough alternative. 

19 hours ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Tele's saying Strapp's been offered an extension until the end of the season. He says he'll  see what offers are on the table and decide from there.

This article about January transfers has a section where Dougie talks about Michael Garrity, it gives a clear insight to his actual policy towards our young players.

Hopefully it will help our delusional friend realise there is not, nor ever was, any policy or plan put in place by Dougie to not utilise our youth.

Good to see Dougie giving an explanation on a player’s prospects within his plans. However I don’t see any insight into his youth policy there, as he’s simply saying Garrity won’t get into his team if he doesn’t add defensive responsibilities to his game. That would apply to any player, youth or otherwise. 
It is refreshing though that Dougie has recently started addressing the issues of our development players, rather than hearing it from them after they’ve been released. 

• Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Good to see Dougie giving an explanation on a player’s prospects within his plans. However I don’t see any insight into his youth policy there, as he’s simply saying Garrity won’t get into his team if he doesn’t add defensive responsibilities to his game. That would apply to any player, youth or otherwise. 
It is refreshing though that Dougie has recently started addressing the issues of our development players, rather than hearing it from them after they’ve been released. 

What are these issues that come out after players have been released?

Edited by Greacen2000

44 minutes ago, Greacen2000 said:

What are these issues that come out after players have been released?

This was all well documented at the time. They revealed that Dougie had told them they had no future at the club with no explanation given. 
It appears this approach has now been resolved as evidenced by Dougie’s recent clear explanations on his plans for development players.

• Downvote 7

5 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

They revealed that Dougie had told them they had no future at the club with no explanation given. 

Once again - the shocking revelation that players who were not getting a new contract were actually told they were not getting a new contract.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

This was all well documented at the time. They revealed that Dougie had told them they had no future at the club with no explanation given.  

Why the fuck would he be expected to explain the blindingly obvious?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Why the fuck would he be expected to explain the blindingly obvious?

And how many of them have pulled up trees elsewhere?  Rejection, and dealing with it, is a key part of football.   

• Upvote 1

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw