Commercial Activity - Page 86 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

It would have had to have got agreement from the other four clubs in the group, as all prices are set as the same I’d have imagined, but it would have been good if there could’ve been an agreement for the clubs to do their two home games for £25, or even better, a four match package of home and away games for £50.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Nice initiative, but considering the match tickets are 14 quid, is 11 quid for a pie and pint not a bit steep? But with rampant inflation and whatnot, I'm way out-of-touch with the cost of living back over the road, so maybe it's reasonable? 

image.png

A padded seat and a wee chat from Dougie as well I imagine, worth it if so

• Upvote 2

Website seems to be fucked. No idea if that will affect anyone who was planning on buying the stream for tomorrow's game or not. 

Screenshot_20230717_233157_Chrome.jpg

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

35 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Website seems to be fucked. No idea if that will affect anyone who was planning on buying the stream for tomorrow's game or not. 

Screenshot_20230717_233157_Chrome.jpg

It all still seems to be there if you're more specific with the URL (access /news and then you can navigate from there, for example). There seems to be an upgrading of the website going on at the moment, I've had one or two issues recently but it's all still there as far as I can see. 

24 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Not a fan of having the black lettering on the blue hoop of the jersey. It’s a poor contrast. Has been an issue before. Not sure what colours are available but would have been good to have something that was clearly visible from more than a couple of yards awayIMG_7470.jpeg

I found it quite difficult to see the name on the tops. Would be better with a thicker white border.

On a difficult note. Has anyone else ordered the 81-84 home top from the morton retro website?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

What's happening with matchwinner too? Last I saw there was just an issue with the collar but they tweeted the other day saying the clubs they've officially licensed strips with and we aren't on it. 

Screenshot_20230719_220153_Twitter.jpg

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

41 minutes ago, port-ton said:

What's happening with matchwinner too? Last I saw there was just an issue with the collar but they tweeted the other day saying the clubs they've officially licensed strips with and we aren't on it. 

Screenshot_20230719_220153_Twitter.jpg

It looks as though Matchwinner’s method of distribution is different with the clubs whose shirts are on that image, and Morton are wanting them sold through the club rather than directly through Matchwinner. Although given the length of time this is dragging on now, I wonder if the club will look at cutting their losses once this batch finally gets the green light, given how poor the service has been.

Checking back my emails there, it was the 1st of May that I ordered those tops. Eleven weeks now, and not even a chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

I feel sorry for the club here, but even still, the last update from them was three weeks ago, on 28th June. They really should be kicking arses and giving us a bit more info now, too.

Been wondering since the partnership was announced why we went for a different model from what the other clubs got.

I know Morton said they were testing the water expanding to offer more in house retail (and the margins are likely bigger) but seems to have backfired big style with the lengthy delay (not to mention them messing up their PayPal and all the payments getting refunded).

Going that route likely rules us out of the additional merch as well. Some of the trackie tops released for other clubs were sublime.

Lack of comms really not helping the situation.

I could be underestimating how busy the commercial staff at the club are but in any job I've ever had I'd be sending at least a weekly status update to people I'd taken money from and not produced for. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

15 hours ago, GiGi said:

I could be underestimating how busy the commercial staff at the club are but in any job I've ever had I'd be sending at least a weekly status update to people I'd taken money from and not produced for. 

Mark Kelly seems to be pretty busy plus the media guy obviously does quite a bit. There was a new guy hired in May (Ross something) for marketing and comms but not heard a thing from him and things seem to have went a bit backwards over the summer with some of the mails, etc coming out. 

Edit to add - it was February. Not sure we're getting value for money or what he's done. https://www.gmfc.net/ross-dunbar-joins-as-head-of-commercial/

Edited by irnbru

13 hours ago, irnbru said:

Mark Kelly seems to be pretty busy plus the media guy obviously does quite a bit. There was a new guy hired in May (Ross something) for marketing and comms but not heard a thing from him and things seem to have went a bit backwards over the summer with some of the mails, etc coming out. 

Edit to add - it was February. Not sure we're getting value for money or what he's done. https://www.gmfc.net/ross-dunbar-joins-as-head-of-commercial/

Just had an email from him to say that the Matchwinner shirts are now ready for shipment up to Greenock and another email will be sent to say when they’re out for delivery 🙂

here today, gone to hell

3 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

Just had an email from him to say that the Matchwinner shirts are now ready for shipment up to Greenock and another email will be sent to say when they’re out for delivery 🙂

Due to land at Cappielow Tues/Wed next week.