Commercial Activity - Page 85 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Think I remember us breaking 1000 under the snake but they were discounted to £200 so was a complete no brainer to have one.

Hopefully a couple of good signings before Ayr game and we can shift a few more.

35 minutes ago, Madton said:

Think I remember us breaking 1000 under the snake but they were discounted to £200 so was a complete no brainer to have one.

Hopefully a couple of good signings before Ayr game and we can shift a few more.

I'm hoping we have a few signings in before the skunks game.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Who exactly has been in charge of club comms this week? Emails leaving the club from a generic 'Admin' account with tinpot subject titles like 'Good News/Bad News', then there is the absolute needless spamming of Twitter with shite like this:

I can only assume that Gareth is on annual leave. Gareth has done an excellent job over the last year or so; we now have a consistent tone of voice across our social media platforms, with every piece of content being both high quality and meaningful. Safe to say we've taken a few steps backwards in the last week or so. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

That chant thing is horrendous.  Maybe get the George Oakley "doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy dum" one properly choreographed first...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I just don't think it was a very interesting evening planned. Gerry and Andy get rolled out constantly and who in 2023 wants to hear stories from Chick Young. You'd realistically need to be over 40 to have any interest in the evening and a large portion of the 18-25 demographic of fans probably havent even heard of him nevermind want to hear him talk pish about the 80s so you're cutting off a large slice of potential ticket sales which doesn't seem wise to me at all. 

I'd have happily went to a "warm up night" for Saturdays game but If nights like these are going to work then they need to feel special and unmissable. A night with Brandon Diau or something. 

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

4 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

We'll all have seen by now, they announced on Tuesday that their planned event for Friday night with Andy Ritchie and Chick Young to reminisce about past Renfrewshire derbies. Commercial missteps have been rare lately - assuming a bit of an unprofessional tone in emails is something that is very easily fixed and doesn't become a recurring issue - but attempting a big preview event the night before a meaningless friendly definitely is one.

I'm all for the club doing whatever they can to bring in money but even putting aside being utterly tinpot, a night in the supporter's club at £10 as a buildup to a kickabout with St Mirren was obviously never going to be viable. Even competitive league games would be a stretch for having enough interest, it would need to be some sort of massive occasion like meeting them in a playoff or Scottish Cup quarter final to make it worthwhile, unless you were having Imrie there.

There's been similar nights in the lighthouse, Inverkip hub, etc too. Feels like they tried to copy an idea that had run it's course. 

49 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I'm not going tomorrow and have the fanbase app anyway so no impact on me personally, but why would you close the ticket office at the ground at 2:30? If you have a ticket office to sell physical tickets on the day for people who for whatever reason don't have the app, between 2:30 and 3:10 is exactly the time it needs to be open. This is daft, it surely won't be the case every week?

Perhaps it's to avoid the queuing difficulties we were having last season. We couldn't cope with even a slightly larger crowd last season. I don't know if this is the reason why, or even if it is the best solution, but it takes a long time to get fans through the turnstiles and as it is having fans queue twice before kickoff was leading to a struggle to get fans in for kick off. 

Doing it for a preseason friendly perhaps seems the best moment to try to force as many people as possible to try the fanbase app, and then revisit the ticket office times when the league season begins. 

• Upvote 1

Club have just replied to someone saying it's on the orders of the police. Ridiculous nonsense on their part, but hopefully means it's only an issue for Saturday and normal for the rest of the season.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

Perhaps it's to avoid the queuing difficulties we were having last season. We couldn't cope with even a slightly larger crowd last season. I don't know if this is the reason why, or even if it is the best solution, but it takes a long time to get fans through the turnstiles and as it is having fans queue twice before kickoff was leading to a struggle to get fans in for kick off. 

Doing it for a preseason friendly perhaps seems the best moment to try to force as many people as possible to try the fanbase app, and then revisit the ticket office times when the league season begins. 

As if there is going to be less issues when hundreds turn up after 2.30, as normal, because they haven't seen a tweet, and are told they aren't getting a ticket.

As for the police, they aren't even selling away tickets at the ground anyway so what does it matter?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

As if there is going to be less issues when hundreds turn up after 2.30, as normal, because they haven't seen a tweet, and are told they aren't getting a ticket.

As for the police, they aren't even selling away tickets at the ground anyway so what does it matter?

It's more than a fair point that there hasn't been much of the way of notice, and there will be people who won't see the notifications. I'm not sure how many people will be in that position, but it will put some people in a difficult situation if they don't have a phone/connection/knowhow to quickly register and buy through the app (assuming you can buy that way up till kickoff). 

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

It's more than a fair point that there hasn't been much of the way of notice, and there will be people who won't see the notifications. I'm not sure how many people will be in that position, but it will put some people in a difficult situation if they don't have a phone/connection/knowhow to quickly register and buy through the app (assuming you can buy that way up till kickoff). 

The issue as well is, the folk most likely to need physical tickets, miss out on communications through Twitter, and least likely to be involved in any crowd trouble are the old guard who are less likely to be up to speed on all things social media.

All in all, a complete shit show, because Police Scotland feel that making things as difficult as possible for the paying customer will give them a canter of an afternoon.

I’d also point out that to do this for a game that’s not on the season ticket is especially shite patter.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Can't wait to follow the stewarding at cappielow thread tomorrow. This behaviour by police Scotland actually plays right into the hands of our stewards. Assuming the usual suspects are still in their positions 

Very much so. Throw the bigger than usual crowd and new ticketing system that everyone’s got to get to grips with and I suspect things could turn messy.

Wouldn’t mind seeing the fallout as kick off approaches and some of these goons start on the very fans they’re there to assist, but I’d also like to see the match, so I’ll probably try to get in sooner rather than later, especially with the time it’ll take for them to decide whether I’m worthy of entry based on my choice of attire for the day.

• Upvote 2