Commercial Activity - Page 83 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

1 minute ago, Toby said:

Aye, back in the day.

Other than a trip to Ibrox for Allan McGregor’s testimonial, Newcastle are off to Philadelphia, Atalanta and New York to play other Premier League teams. It amazes me how folk seem to think we can attract clubs like them because we played Arsenal in 1987.

Football at their level has moved on.

Oh dear ... Mr Grumpy seems to have got out the wrong side of bed this morning.

• Downvote 5

17 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Oh dear ... Mr Grumpy seems to have got out the wrong side of bed this morning.

Appalling retort to a perfectly valid point, but I can’t say I expected any better, truth be told.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brian Skelton said:

Hopefully we can get big name club to come to Cappielow to commemorate the Anniversary and not the usual Rangers or that ilk

I wonder who our first ever opponents were? A replay could make for a fun event if it’s someone worthwhile.

A legends match and/or a return of the fans/legends game would also be welcome.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Toby said:
5 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Back in the day .... Morton had quite a close relationship with Newcastle through Freddy Fletcher.

Now that would catch the eye.

Still nice to be able to say I saw Arsenal with David Rocastle, Michael Thomas & Perry Groves, (never mind their defence),Watford with John Barnes & Maurice Johnson, Newcastle with Paul Gascoigne, and a few more...all at Cappielow (back in the day), but nice to remember.

5 hours ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Still nice to be able to say I saw Arsenal with David Rocastle, Michael Thomas & Perry Groves, (never mind their defence),Watford with John Barnes & Maurice Johnson, Newcastle with Paul Gascoigne, and a few more...all at Cappielow (back in the day), but nice to remember.

Exactly that...Toby seems to think I realistically believe we could get the CURRENT Newcatle team to Cappielow.

Behave. If they even considered the proposition it would be a 2nd/3rd string ... and I'd be happy.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Exactly that...Toby seems to think I realistically believe we could get the CURRENT Newcatle team to Cappielow.

Behave. If they even considered the proposition it would be a 2nd/3rd string ... and I'd be happy.

Revisionism at it’s finest.

A relative has just bought his first season ticket in years. He's done it online and wants to know if the QR code he's been sent is his ticket or if there's something he needs to do?

I can't help as mine is still a physical card - anyone know?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

27 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

A relative has just bought his first season ticket in years. He's done it online and wants to know if the QR code he's been sent is his ticket or if there's something he needs to do?

I can't help as mine is still a physical card - anyone know?

The QR code functions as the ticket. It should be scannable at the turnstiles. You can do that using the fan base app itself or by adding the ticket to the digital wallet on your phone.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

The QR code functions as the ticket. It should be scannable at the turnstiles. You can do that using the fan base app itself or by adding the ticket to the digital wallet on your phone.

Cheers - much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Matchwinner shirts will be arriving with us on June 26, according to our suppliers. Supporters who have chosen to collect their shirts will be notified upon arrival and we will take care of outstanding payments in due course. There will be more opportunities to order and we're grateful for the patience.   

Email from the club. More opportunities to order for those of us who missed out the first time.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

While my initial reaction to that shirt was “Ooft that’s honking”, I am actually starting to warm to it a bit.  

I like that the pinstripe is a nod to the McGraw era shirt, and the colour of it is also a bit of a throwback to the orange away/3rd kit we had in the late 70s.  I have a bit of a soft spot for garish/loud away shirts so it ticks that box too.  

I just hope the stripes go all the way down the back too

edit - just watched the video and it shows that the stripes do go all the way down the back.  I think I might actually buy this one instead of the home kit this season

Edited by Greacen2000