Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 104 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Weird thing about Jacobs this season is that he doesn't look like he's unfit or tired and lost a yard of pace or anything like some players do when they're off form. He's just not doing any of the things that endeared him to the fans in the first place and is rightly out the team just now. 

I wouldn't give up on him though. In the past couple of seasons people like Strapp and Lyon have had tough spells and ce through it and Jacobs strikes me as the type of person that can get himself through this tough period too. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacobs is good as the holding midfielder in front of a back four. Ask him to run around protecting the space in front of the back four and track dangerous runs from midfield and he'll do a good job. Just don't ask him to make anything other than make simple passes. He's not usually great in a more rounded midfield role like Blues and Lyon have been doing - that's not him. QotS fans told us what to expect of him, and they were spot on tbf. 

Our midfield has also been much better without Oksanen neglecting his duties and being generally ineffective. 

Good point about Oksanen actually. We have looked much better with Lyon and Blues on the pitch at the same time, something which IIRC rarely happened under Gus. I have actually been quite impressed by Blues in the last few games. Not sure where Russell fits in now, having been hooked after 20 minutes on his last appearance.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Had Dougie arrived earlier, we might have seen Oksanen raise his game. However under Gus, we saw most of the squad underperforming. Whatever happens, punting Gus was the correct thing to do. As said before, those who extended his stay should not be in a position of power at the club.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

16 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Latest Interview suggests we're trying to get 1 or 2 in. Nice to hear that we're actively looking and not hearing the usual pish about how hard it is, although it no doubt is. Somethings better not said

Did you actually listen, he said it's tough, alot of teams looking at the same players etc which pretty much is the same stuff our previous managers have said.

He also says the exact same comments in the latest Tele article, difficult month etc etc.

4 hours ago, Madton said:

Did you actually listen, he said it's tough, alot of teams looking at the same players etc which pretty much is the same stuff our previous managers have said.

He also says the exact same comments in the latest Tele article, difficult month etc etc.

Tbf I think the noises that came out before made it sound like we had a uniquely tough time and spoke about wages, etc so this is less of a moan and more a comment on the whole process. 

Really surprised we haven't brought a keeper in. I'm sure Imrie addressed it right at the beginning of the window that we needed a 2nd in. 

I notice we have a keeper on the bench in cup games - why don't we in the league? Especially now we can have up to 9 subs. All very bizarre.

I reckon would could see maybe one loan deal coming in - possibly from Livi? I think there was a suggestion before about Imrie wanting a midfielder?

Not sure how the loans work these days but we have got rid of Oksanen, Allan and Knowles and only brought in Brandon. Does that free up the number of 'loans eligible'? Or did Gus just spunk that away?

50 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I reckon would could see maybe one loan deal coming in - possibly from Livi? I think there was a suggestion before about Imrie wanting a midfielder?

Not sure how the loans work these days but we have got rid of Oksanen, Allan and Knowles and only brought in Brandon. Does that free up the number of 'loans eligible'? Or did Gus just spunk that away?

I don't think there's any limit on non-domestic loans, so the three leaving didn't really mean anything either way. We've got 2 domestic loans, the limit used to be 5 - I'm not sure if that's changed. 

Loan window has been extended until the end of February so I wouldn't expect significant movement on that. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If we can avoid a serious injury to one of the key players we should still have enough to scramble to safety but it just takes one daft tackle and we could be in trouble. I appreciate we have finite resources but surely with the bodies that have left there are enough pennies for at least one decent signing?

Archived