The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Famous v Dumbarton - Return of the Duff

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent second half, much quieter in the second. Dumbarton were atrocious but we pressed them very well, were in their faces the majority of the game and looked dangerous whenever we could get forward. Hopkin-ball is going to be irritating at times this season, some teams will suss it out, but more often than not (I hope) it’ll click and we’ll cause most teams bother.

Ramsbottom is unconvincing to say the least, and there were a few serious ??? moments with the defence, even at 5-1 up, but hopefully these are things that can be ironed out.

Avoid a doing on Friday and we’re looking good.

Have a feeling that a skelping is inbound here. Its going backwards I have concerns about, forwards we actually have some decent players. 4-0 the Ton.

Wish I had stuck money on a handicap now. What a night.

Nesbitt absolutely ran the show tonight and will definitely be a handful for most opposition's in the Championship. John Sutton wins every flick on and is strong. Salkeld needs a bit more confidence but there is. Player in him. Yes the opposition was dreadful at best...but definitely promising signs.

Very enjoyable game. Good to see some pace and movement in a Morton team. Looks like the signings aren't diddies but we'll need to test ourselves against better than dumbarton before we will know for sure.

The keeper, Jacob's (twice now) and muirhead haven't looked great. On the other hand Salkeld, Nesbitt and cadden look like players. Roll on Friday.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Very enjoyable game. Good to see some pace and movement in a Morton team. Looks like the signings aren't diddies but we'll need to test ourselves against better than dumbarton before we will know for sure.

The keeper, Jacob's (twice now) and muirhead haven't looked great. On the other hand Salkeld, Nesbitt and cadden look like players. Roll on Friday.

Agree with that but I thought Jacobs was OK.

Just thought hes been pretty anonymous both games to be honest. He was the player I thought had a bit of a pedigree but I haven't been too impressed. Would rather Midge in there to be honest. Obviously its early days.

I want a pretentious signature too.

I thought Jacobs did what his role was very well. I doubt he will get rave reviews Nd he will perhaps give the ball away frustratingly at times but he looks like an integral part in the pressing game Hopkin wants to implement as he didn't stop running all night.

Edit to add: Muirhead did look like a bit of a worry to me. Not exactly sure what type of player he is as he didn't have the physicality of someone you'd expect from his size, but he wasn't brilliant technically either.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

^^^

guy who thinks Morton "do things"

Yeah, they were far too busy making sure people knew there was a match tonight and making it easy to find information about how much it was to get in without having to scroll back 3 pages of news to 13th June on the Official site.

Oh wait...

How to McLean look on his competitive debut?

Looked ok but up against poor opposition. Played a decent through ball for Jacobs? goal last night. Think Motherwell game will give us a better gauge of the quality of our squad. 

Muirhead looked totally uninterested btw. Even in the warm up he looked like he couldn't be f*cked. Boy needs a rocket up his arse. 

Muirhead is a big guy that says he wants to be played as a number 9. When he came on last night for all his size there were a few times I was looking about like where the fuck is he? Was generally floating about out wide or back behind the midfield.

Bizarre performance. He also has no first touch or any physicality about him that I can see. Needs to get working at the gym and let Sutton tell him what he should be doing.

On that note Sutton looks in superb nick.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived