Hopkin - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin

macca937

Someone wrote on here weeks ago that Hopkin would not be coming to Morton.

Who was it again? Oh yeah... me!  ;)

You are an absolute fanny

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone flounced off this forum months ago greeting like a wee lassie saying he wouldn't be back. 

Who was it again ?  Oh yeah .... it was you ya cvnt.

McKinnon's points per game ratio last season at the point which he was sacked would've seen them finish the season on 61 points. They finished the season on 61 points. Given the resources he had at Dundee Utd, his time there was undoubtedly a failure. They should've romped the league last season. McKinnon got that job because of his connection to Dundee Utd as much as anything else, and it didn't work out for them. 

He did well in his one season at Raith. The punt for us would be hoping that he could replicate that. Their fans seem to think highly enough of him - that might be a reason for optimism. 

Duffy finished 3rd and 4th with Brechin. Similar record to McKinnon (it's actually difficult to tell why he got the Raith job off the back of that). 

Think you're being harsh here. If you remember, the season they finished fourth was the year we won the title and they took 8 points from us as well as finishing comfortably above (an admittedly abysmal) Dunfermline. That season also included a ridiculous unbeaten run mid-season of about 18-20 games (I've not checked it) in which they just wouldn't piss off out the title race until relatively late in the season.

Yes, there were other diddies that finished above them in Stranraer and Forfar, but Brechin had a very good season in McKinnon's final year in charge there.

Think you're being harsh here. If you remember, the season they finished fourth was the year we won the title and they took 8 points from us as well as finishing comfortably above (an admittedly abysmal) Dunfermline. That season also included a ridiculous unbeaten run mid-season of about 18-20 games (I've not checked it) in which they just wouldn't piss off out the title race until relatively late in the season.

Yes, there were other diddies that finished above them in Stranraer and Forfar, but Brechin had a very good season in McKinnon's final year in charge there.

Brechin were a decent side that season, that played good football at times. I just mean that, on the face of it, it's not an absolute stand out in terms of his record. Plenty of managers have had similar records with teams like Brechin and have not made the step up (for example, Duffy ended up leaving of his own accord and ended up at Clyde). Perhaps the talk of how impressive he was in the interviews with Morton goes some way to explain what made him stand out to Raith as well. 

Zhivago - bringing you bold predictions like last weeks lottery numbers, the ground being wet after it rains and bears s***ting in the woods.

Hmm... I said when Hopkin was bookies favourite, and the favoured choice of many on here, that he wasn't coming to Morton. 

Getting a few mentions as a possible for Bradford City. With the time he spent there, and at Leeds, he certainly knows Yorkshire well enough... my bet would be Bradford City.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

• 3 weeks later...

Heard this morning that Bradford have appointed a new manager. Shrewsbury and Carlisle have also appointed new managers in recent weeks.

Has Hopkin fecked up here? He left Livvy and knocked back us to work down south and I think it was assumed he had a gig lined up but the jobs kicking about at the time he left are now gone!

Could be going into the new season without a club which is unthinkable considering the interest in him a few weeks ago! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... I said when Hopkin was bookies favourite, and the favoured choice of many on here, that he wasn't coming to Morton.

Getting a few mentions as a possible for Bradford City. With the time he spent there, and at Leeds, he certainly knows Yorkshire well enough... my bet would be Bradford City.

How’s he getting on at Bradford?

How’s he getting on at Bradford?

You do know what 'My bet' suggests? That it's a guess... no certainty in the statement.  :blink:

Definitely wouldn't have guessed he would still be without a job at this point. Maybe decided to have time off... or wait until one of the bigger SPL clubs punt their manager, which will almost certainly happen before Christmas.

Great position to be in... not having to work unless you feel like it!

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

You do know what 'My bet' suggests? That it's a guess... no certainty in the statement. :blink:

Definitely wouldn't have guessed he would still be without a job at this point. Maybe decided to have time off... or wait until one of the bigger SPL clubs punt their manager, which will almost certainly happen before Christmas.

Great position to be in... not having to work unless you feel like it!

Has he got a time machine as well? Only way he’ll get a job in the SPL.

Archived