Hopkin - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin

macca937

Lambert taking the St Mirren job wouldn’t surprise me that much. Good chance to rebuild his reputation.

His stock is still reasonably high down south, having taken Norwich from League 1 to the premiership at the first time of asking, he doesn't need to 'rebuild' his reputation. Some people like yourself will look at Aston Villa an form you opinion on the basis of his time there, however they were already a rotten corpse by the time he took over. If anything, he shouldn't have went there.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His stock is still reasonably high down south, having taken Norwich from League 1 to the premiership at the first time of asking, he doesn't need to 'rebuild' his reputation. Some people like yourself will look at Aston Villa an form you opinion on the basis of his time there, however they were already a rotten corpse by the time he took over. If anything, he shouldn't have went there.

I’m not sure what “people like yourself” is supposed to mean but I wasn’t looking at Villa, hence why I’ve mentioned his most recent jobs. I don’t doubt he could get a lower Championship/League 1 club, but Steve Clarke could’ve done that as well.

I’m not sure what “people like yourself” is supposed to mean but I wasn’t looking at Villa, hence why I’ve mentioned his most recent jobs. I don’t doubt he could get a lower Championship/League 1 club, but Steve Clarke could’ve done that as well.

Steve Clarke blotted his copy book down south with the Reading/Fulham debacle which led to a fall-out with Readings chairman. Also, apparently he has family reasons for wanting a move up to Ayrshire. Steve Clarke will be a rich man in his own right, his decisions and motivation for them may not always be financial.

With regards to the 'people like yourself' a young guy with limited experience at anything writing other people off rather than giving the benefit of the doubt. Lambert is a decent coach, not a St Mirren jobber.

*insert signature here*

“Experience” :lol: Perhaps If football clubs gave more people “the benefit of the dount” we’d have someone like, I don’t know, say Kenny McDowall at the helm leading us towards Europe.

Steve Clarke blotted his copy book down south with the Reading/Fulham debacle which led to a fall-out with Readings chairman. Also, apparently he has family reasons for wanting a move up to Ayrshire. Steve Clarke will be a rich man in his own right, his decisions and motivation for them may not always be financial.

With regards to the 'people like yourself' a young guy with limited experience at anything writing other people off rather than giving the benefit of the doubt. Lambert is a decent coach, not a St Mirren jobber.

Clarke's reputation after those spells was still in a considerably better state than Lambert's after Wolves and Blackburn. His emotional ties to Kilmarnock and time out of work are maybe a factor which doesn't apply to Lambert with St Mirren though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

You put it in quotations because you were quoting the sun, as listed in the gossip column but quotes are one thing that they certainly do not have. It's their usual unsubstantiated pish.

The only quote in the public domain from St Mirren is from Tony Fitzpatrick saying they have not made a shortlist and that they will take at least a week to let the CVs come in and be reviewed.

Much like we had shortlisted, favourites and knockbacks, before applications had even closed.

Ok, Rupert Murdoch. We'll take your word for it

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived