Hopkin - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin

macca937

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, so a dead man deserves more respect than a female footballer, who should 'get back to the kitchen' instead of daring to carve out a media career for herself.

Nae bother 'big' man.

Bit of difference there but if you can't see that no more to be said so I will leave it there.

Bit of difference there but if you can't see that no more to be said so I will leave it there.

Ahh, the 'big' man has decided that the conversation is closed, so nothing else is to be said about his misogynist pish. Nae bother 'big' man.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/club-statement-david-hopkin/?platform=hootsuite

Livi are giving him 2 weeks to make a decision. **** waiting until the 10th June for him. I’m all for the club to take their time and get the right man but this has now been a month since Duffy was binned.

Interesting that Livi will continue to recruit players while he decides.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Can't see us waiting around another week or so for a decision.

Hopkin doing himself no favours here. Surely it is in his bests interests to make a decision ASAP so he can start talking to the existing squads and potential new signings.  

Would imagine both Livvy and Morton players will be pissed off the longer it drags on and rightly so. Morton players especially have waited a month to sort their futures and the board will know their frustrations.

Fully expect to see plan B (McKinnon??) installed this week now.

Shame as Hopkin would have been a brilliant appointment, but it's getting ridiculous now!

Most think it would be unlikely for Hopkin to give up a shot at the Premiership to drop down to us. They only thing in our favour is a tug of the heart strings.

He would have known our interest for some time now. If the emotional pull hasn't got the job done by now, it's not going to.

Another 2 weeks would not be more time to decide between Livi, us and possibly Carlisle, it would be time for other, more attractive offers to join the mix.

If he is not ready to say yes by tomorrow, it should be time to move on to plan b which I hope is agreed and ready to go.

Interesting that Livi will continue to recruit players while he decides.

Recruitment. Targets they will have scouted, agreed that they are interested in, following through despite managerial uncertainty (although they will remain confident Hopkin will stay anyway).

Not uncommon, even without a manager. Clubs often acquire a top target between managers.

If you are alluding to the fact that we have put contract negotiations on hold, that's a very different thing. That's committing to the bulk of a squad, using the bulk of a budget, and who would decide between 1 or 2 or the whole lot of them (you will piss off the ones who have to wait if you give out a select few, obvious exception being the younger ones).

Morton are perfectly correct to continue the policy of leaving the renewals to the new manager.

To let this potentially drag on for another 2 weeks will surely have an effect on our recruitment so I think a decision has got to be made in the next few days so we can get cracking. I would be happy with Hopkin if it comes about but I would be as happy with McIntyre. However folk like McIntyre may now be holding off to see what happens with that mob in Paisley as it’s obviously a more attractive job.

Hopefully we get put out of our misery this week!

may now be holding off to see what happens with that mob in Paisley as it’s obviously a more attractive job.

Not too concerned about that part.

It depends how keen they are to get back into management for the start of next season.

There aren't going to be many chances. Us, St Mirren and probably Livi. Livi won't take an under contract boss from somewhere else, St Mirren might so maybe one other gig will free up. Dundee Utd are keeping Lazlo, Patrick are keeping Archibald, there's not many chances to get back in for the start of next season and just look at the bookies' odds lists, there's a lot of out of work managers waiting for a gig.

If we offered one the job now, they may try some delaying tactics like Hopkin but it would be a gamble to wait for one of the other jobs that might not materialise when there's an offer on the table.

If he didn't want the job he should have been clear in that it was a no but I feel like he has been going backwards and forwards on it and it has done no one any favours.

Line in sand required.

What's the odds of us waiting another week for Hopkins's decision, for him only to reject us, pissing off all the other managerial interviewees that we've left o

in the lurch in the past few weeks and having to start the entire process all over again?

What's the odds of us waiting another week for Hopkins's decision, for him only to reject us, pissing off all the other managerial interviewees that we've left o

in the lurch in the past few weeks and having to start the entire process all over again?

I'd have thought they'd have given him the long weekend to decide and will now be onto the backup choice.

My guess is McKinnon who I've actually talked myself round on and think would be decent.

I'd have thought they'd have given him the long weekend to decide and will now be onto the back UL choice.

My guess is McKinnon who I've actually talked myself round on and think would be decent.

One season at Raith apart, I'm thoroughly unimpressed by McKinnon's record and can't get enthused by his potential appointment. Any chance you could talk me round as well?

One season at Raith apart, I'm thoroughly unimpressed by McKinnon's record and can't get enthused by his potential appointment. Any chance you could talk me round as well?

He started out low and worked his way up the managerial ladder and got a fairly big job in the Dundee United one so obviously has a bit about him to keep progressing.

Also seemed a lot more tactically aware than Duffy in our games against Raith as he would make changes that turned the game in their favour - not sure we beat them at all.

I think Duffy has had a better/more successful managerial career than McKinnon.

Hope he proves me wrong but underwhelming and uninspiring choice. Doubt many would have selected him as their first choice or second...or third.

Archived