Hopkin - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hopkin

macca937

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if he might get a call from Ipswich?

Ipswich second tier and Carlisle fourth tier.

Wasn’t there talk of them going after Jack Ross? Apparently he’s on holiday just now so they’ll need to wait....

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Shortlisted for Midden Job along with Neilson, Jim Goodwin and Paul Lambert.

Jobby Neilson would be an ideal manager for them.

Goodwin is not quite ready yet and Lambert's sights will be set much higher than them. He'll be in with a shout for a Premiership/Championship side down south such as Derby County and a salary around 10 times of what he could get at St. Mirren.

Shrewsbury would be a good move for Hopkin.

*insert signature here*

Shortlisted for Midden Job along with Neilson, Jim Goodwin and Paul Lambert.

No he isn't. Because they don't have a shortlist yet and won't for a week until the CVs are in and they have gone through them.

No he isn't. Because they don't have a shortlist yet and won't for a week until the CVs are in and they have gone through them.

"St Mirren have been given permission to speak to Alloa Athletic's Jim Goodwin and Livingston's David Hopkin as they look to find a replacement for the departed Jack Ross. Former MK Dons boss Robbie Neilson is expected to have initial discussions today, while former Ross County manager Jim McIntyre has also been contacted..."

TIME FOR CHANGE!

"St Mirren have been given permission to speak to Alloa Athletic's Jim Goodwin and Livingston's David Hopkin as they look to find a replacement for the departed Jack Ross. Former MK Dons boss Robbie Neilson is expected to have initial discussions today, while former Ross County manager Jim McIntyre has also been contacted..."

You put it in quotations because you were quoting the sun, as listed in the gossip column but quotes are one thing that they certainly do not have. It's their usual unsubstantiated pish.

The only quote in the public domain from St Mirren is from Tony Fitzpatrick saying they have not made a shortlist and that they will take at least a week to let the CVs come in and be reviewed.

Much like we had shortlisted, favourites and knockbacks, before applications had even closed.

In two minds. We need someone in quickly as we currently dont have a side, but we need to get it right, hopefully for more than just this year. In the last two years we've had poor/misfiring starts. I'd like to think that if we are waiting on Hopkin, as rumoured, there's some substance, confidence behind the wait. It would be gutting to wait half the summer for a let down. Apart from.anything else, while he is probably the guy with most favour with support & riding high at the moment, hes not exactly the second coming of Alex Ferguson so far. Is it worth the wait?

In two minds. We need someone in quickly as we currently dont have a side, but we need to get it right, hopefully for more than just this year. In the last two years we've had poor/misfiring starts. I'd like to think that if we are waiting on Hopkin, as rumoured, there's some substance, confidence behind the wait. It would be gutting to wait half the summer for a let down. Apart from.anything else, while he is probably the guy with most favour with support & riding high at the moment, hes not exactly the second coming of Alex Ferguson so far. Is it worth the wait?

Agree with all of this - especially the question mark. I don't envy the board's having to make this decision.

EOho8Pw.png

It's been worth the wait, for now. But any longer than the middle of this week, no.

I know he played for them but English Premiership to Scottish Premiership, it is a bit too much of a drop in money I'd expect. I'd have thought career wise he'd hold out for another lower premiership or championship club, keeping himself in the shop window down south.

Possibly, didn’t go very well at Wolves & Blackburn though. The wages are obviously the biggest stumbling block but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it came off.

Archived