The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

If we do end up playing hearts they need to make sure that capacity shambles is sorted out pronto. 

Also the whole section at the end of the shed closed off for fkn TV presenters can get in the fkn bin far to much space given to them. 

And for sinclar St get it full instead of insisting on enough cover if it rains it greenock deal with it. 

Anyway Mon the fkn ton. 

Oh well, Hearts it is. Should bring a good travelling support with them.

We’ll need a very big performance, but we know we have some real grit and fight in the squad now. Give it everything, get right behind them again and dare to dream (feel free to add your own footballing cliches and platitudes as you see fit!)

1 minute ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Oh well, Hearts it is. Should bring a good travelling support with them.

We’ll need a very big performance, but we know we have some real grit and fight in the squad now. Give it everything, get right behind them again and dare to dream (feel free to add your own footballing cliches and platitudes as you see fit!)

At the end of the day, it's 11 men against 11 men

• Upvote 1

Hearts look impressive. But let's not forget that they aren't infallible - they almost came a cropper at Spartans and only won 2-1. It's also only three years ago that they lost to Brora 2-1. In the seething bear pit which we all know Cappielow will be on the night - anything's possible. 

Edited by SassenachTon
  • Upvote 1

Airdrie has been ok but hearts have been ruthless and took their chances.

Our style is totally different to Airdrie's. We're more direct and aggressive. Totally difficult game and they're beatable.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Airdrie never got in the faces of the Hearts players. We will be getting stuck right into them from the off, make it uncomfortable for them.

Bring them on and I imagine an even bigger crowd than Friday night.

Looking forward to giving that fat wank Shankland and his fivehead a lovely welcome to scapa. Loads of sand on the pitch for his wee greetin puss.

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

3 minutes ago, drobton said:

Not the ‘Silvery moon’ one - the other one. 

To the tune of The Wild Rover? Someone can fine tune this, but I've heard something along the lines of - 

"We went to Tynecastle on Wednesday night

They beat us three-nil oh they gave us a fright

When they came to Greenock, we went on a spree

The Morton got five and the Jam Tarts got three

And it's Greenock Morton...."

It refers to a 3-0 loss in a League Cup 1st leg tie which was followed three days later by a 5-3 league win. Mark McGhee and John Goldthorp got doubles, Roddie Hutchison got the other. Lots of fighting in the crowd that day. We won the 2nd leg of the LC tie 2-0.

The following season we played them eight times.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Much tougher task than Motherwell but cappielow with another performance like Friday night and you never know. 

Shankland will be a stick on to score. Hopefully the issues with the capacity get sorted before it. 

Hearts are not unbeatable. 

1 hour ago, SassenachTon said:

Hearts look impressive. But let's not forget that they aren't infallible - they almost came a cropper at Spartans and only won 2-1. In the seething bear pit which we all know Cappielow will be on the night - anything's possible. 

Yep, they were awful against Spartan’s. Undoubtedly they are favourites to beat us, but no one will want to come and play at Cappielow right now. Dougie will have us set up in the best way. 
We need clarity asap on ticketing arrangements and how we split the Shed/Sinclair St going for this game. There will be more inside Cappielow for this than the Motherwell game. 

The 5-3 game against Hearts is one of my favourite football memories. They came to Cappielow expecting to win and we turned them over. They brought a sizeable support and back then segregation never really worked resulting in running battles throughout and after the game. I know I shouldn't say I loved it but I did and that is despite taking a clout to the napper sending  me down the hill at the back of the Cowshed.

With Imrie at the helm we have nothing to fear. They will not enjoy Cappielow and if we get in about them early on it could be a classic cup tie. As others have said though get the capacity sorted. We can make some serious money with this tie and all sections of the ground should be full of fans. It is great to have a game like this to look forward to.

Would imagine Hearts get same as Motherwell, wde and away section of main stand which must be about 3500.

Expect us to sell similar to Motherwell game so another 3500, maybe closer to 4k

The whole rain excuse is a bag of shite, just sell tickets for Cowshed/Sinclair Street as we’ve always did and get on with it. 

We've got a chance and that's all we could ask for, bring it on!

• Upvote 1