Squad for next Season - Page 110 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad for next Season

Pal was collecting our tickets for Ibrox today, appeared that training was taking place at Cappielow and there were a few unfamiliar faces training. Not sure if we still have trialists in or just waiting to confirm a new signing or two in the coming days.

3 hours ago, Deego said:

It’s Kirk Broadfoot’s 39th birthday today. For those interested in such stats, he’s on course to becoming our oldest ever player in a month or so.

https://www.fitbastats.com/morton/player_records_age.php

Also hard to believe Paul Mathers was 36 when he played for us, and Jamie MacDonald is 37. I thought Mathers was pushing 50.

Sorry I think they’ve missed Bobby Collins of that list - born Feb 1931, left Morton Aug 1971.

What a lack of ambition potentially bringing back Ian Wilson. I know others thought he created a balance in the team when he was previously signed but he never did it for me. I hope this is just another random rumour and that really we are focusing on defensive signings.

16 minutes ago, HamCam said:

What a lack of ambition potentially bringing back Ian Wilson. I know others thought he created a balance in the team when he was previously signed but he never did it for me. I hope this is just another random rumour and that really we are focusing on defensive signings.

Once he got up to speed, I thought he was very good for us and was sorry to see him go.

Don't think we need him unless someone is leaving or we are deploying Blues as a permanent RB.

Don't see the point in Wilson coming back. Didn't think he was overly good last time and would rather we prioritised other positions. What this means for King as well I'm not sure. 

Crawford going would be a massive blow. He's instrumental in how we play under Imrie. If it's a like for like replacement with Wilson then it's a massive downgrade. 

Wilson is also injured and has hardly played a minute so far this season for Queens. I'd be stunned if we're bringing him in on loan.

Losing Crawford would be gutting as he's our best player, but letting him go for a five figure fee would be criminal. If someone at the club has really agreed to have that clause in his contract then they need their balls/fanny severely booted.

• Upvote 1