Commercial Activity - Page 84 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Commercial Activity

Jamie_M

Can take or leave the shirt personally but will absolutely be getting it due to the morton in the community front of shirt sponsor. Dalrada really have been excellent for us. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I like it, too, and I've just preordered. The white/blue McGraw-era pinstripe is one of my favourite-ever Morton strips, bettered only by the 1922 repro for me. The most significant things to me, though, are that the club are really pushing out the boat with a variety of strip releases, just like Iron Maiden release half a dozen new shirts every time they tour. Diehard fans will buy them all - but regular fans will find at least one out of the six they really like. Morton's commercial activity and general marketing is really coming on song, and will reap significant financial rewards for the club. Huge props once again to Dalrada for their support in enabling the club to have charitable sponsors on their shirts. Very community-spirited of them.

On 6/9/2023 at 11:47 AM, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Back in the day .... Morton had quite a close relationship with Newcastle through Freddy Fletcher.

Now that would catch the eye.

What would catch the eye exactly?

A former Newcastle director from yonks ago being a former Greenock cooncillor from yonks ago?

What relevance does this have to anything?

*insert signature here*

56 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

That is nice! Have they sorted out the shade of blue or have the promos made it look lighter than it actually is?

Not seen it in person myself but the consensus online seems to be the shade of blue is much more ‘us’ than the first pictures made it appear 

That shade of blue looks much better.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, so72 said:

Anyone able to tell me what the fit of the orange shirt is like?

I usually wear a small top mate but with all the joma gear I've went up a size. Their kit is really small made. Especially around the moobs!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I got one of the blue polo shirts recently. Normally get large but even the medium is verging on too big. I wouldn’t buy anything without trying it on for size first.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Just seen the email from the club that the Matchwinner shirts are delayed again :( Nothing to do with the club, just Matchwinner running into issues:

Statement below:

---

As a supplier we are ultimately disappointed at the delay on delivering in the first drop of Greenock Morton shirts. 

We quote 6 weeks from the date of purchase, and we haven't been able to deliver to our usual standard this time around due to a number of reasons. 

The first reason being the complexity of the design on the tartan shirt, and having to do multiple sample runs to make sure we get the remakes as close as possible to the originals.
Secondly, and the most disappointing reason, is that our factory has had a delay on receiving the fabric for the retro collar, which has delayed the completion of the shirts.

We are working hard with the factory to get these shirts to customers as quickly as we possibly can. 
We can only apologise to the Greenock Morton fans for the delay on delivering the shirts in. 

We must add that these issues are solely on us as a supplier and is in no way any fault of the club. 

- Gareth Moore, Managing Director
  • Upvote 1

here today, gone to hell