Championship 19/20 - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are these hopeless managers getting this "win percentage" thing from? Are they being told on a training course that it's a meaningful metric? Who actually cares about "win percentage"?

That said, it's a pretty positive message otherwise.

EOho8Pw.png

The ideal scenario is Ayr’s bubble bursting with an appointment that sends them back to being a mid-table League One outfit, while McCall fails to turn Partick round either. If Ayr were to plummet immediately then you’d have Dundee United and ICT running away with the top two spots, but even if Dundee were to get their act together at some point through McPake improving or more likely replacing him with a real manager in November/December, there’d be a playoff place available for any side capable of basic competence.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

A jobs a job.

Yep. And rare is the man who can turn down work if he wants a job in Scottish football (or indeed most football.) Unless you're at the absolute top of the tree, generally you have to take what's available. I've read that most jobs at English clubs get loads of qualified applicants wanting to do it for nothing. Not Football Manager players mailing in for a joke, but actual pros with a track record.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived