Championship 19/20 - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

It does seem a strange one on the face of it; when you look at the list of who’s out of work, you’d have thought Archibald would be one of the first in line for any Championship jobs which come up.

The usual out of work suspects at the moment are Jim McIntyre, Martin Canning, Stevie Aitken and Yogi fucking Hughes. Archibald still has the highest stock of that lot, but he’s maybe got no interest in going back into management though and is happy enough going back to being an assistant. In any case, the Ayr job seems to be Sandy Stewart’s to lose - they’re going with him for a month while looking at other candidates but you’d imagine if he doesn’t completely flop it’s his as they want continuity.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Natural it will raise eyebrows, getting sacked then going back with what many would see as a demotion (simplistic to think lower pay too but could be).

But if the relationship was still strong, club he has an affinity to and possibly more important, if it's the role he is looking for right now rather than a manager gig, hard to argue against someone taking a job rather than not having one.

Still minter though.

Chucking the "then club secretary " under the bus for an absolute joke of a system is more than a bit out of order.

Also, surely there's no need for fan cards to be restricted to one area of the ground. Sort of defeats the purpose a bit if somebody occasionally goes to a different section.

AWMSC

https://gmfc.net/2019/09/26/electronic-turnstiles-update/

Update about the joke turnstiles. No mention of us binning that horror show of a website which should be one of the priorities but at least they are well aware of the issue and are making efforts to fix this.

Sounds more like their joke of a system was allowing people without a renewed season ticket to gain entry into the ground, using their old card.

Someone alluded to that on here in the past.

The club closed the loophole but didn't anticipate the issues that caused.

Trial of QR codes is positive. Their lack of acknowledgement that they have a joke of an unusable, unsafe website however, is not.

Chucking the "then club secretary " under the bus for an absolute joke of a system is more than a bit out of order.

Also, surely there's no need for fan cards to be restricted to one area of the ground. Sort of defeats the purpose a bit if somebody occasionally goes to a different section.

In no world do I think the allocation of blame is out of order. They're making it clear that the workaround was the doing of the previous secretary and it was a very poor financial decision.

I doubt you would sit there and take the slagging for someone else's incompetence in your workplace so why would our finance director?

Yeah also thought that was a bit of a shocker for blaming the old secretary.

I’m glad we’ll finally be trialing QR codes for phones. I’ve got a season ticket but it makes things much easier for bringing anyone along or undecided folk going. That queue on Sinclair Street every week is a nightmare.

In no world do I think the allocation of blame is out of order. They're making it clear that the workaround was the doing of the previous secretary and it was a very poor financial decision.

I doubt you would sit there and take the slagging for someone else's incompetence in your workplace so why would our finance director?

The issue is that the secretary made a mistake in this instance, but the secretary wasn't responsible for this absolute clownfest of a system in the first place. That responsibility ultimately lies with the former CEO (and board). So the secretary made a bad situation worse, sure, but if we're pointing fingers then the guy who wrote the article is far more culpable than the secretary.

EOho8Pw.png

The issue is that the secretary made a mistake in this instance, but the secretary wasn't responsible for this absolute clownfest of a system in the first place. That responsibility ultimately lies with the former CEO (and board). So the secretary made a bad situation worse, sure, but if we're pointing fingers then the guy who wrote the article is far more culpable than the secretary.

This. Pointing the finger at an individual- who probably wasn't given any kind of training (and who probably had to use the same shitey system to register the cards) - isn't at all on when the whole thing is such a mess. "Due to a manual error in registering the cards....we apologise for any inconvenience" is all that had to be said.

It's never acceptable for a company to publicly blame an easily identifiable ex-employee for a human error, especially when there's not even the slightest acknowledgement that the whole system is unacceptable. As TRVMP says, the writer of the statement surely takes a far bigger share of the blame as board member.

Also, Saturday wasn't the first home game of the season. Presumably at least a few of the people with erroneous cards were at one of the others, so it seems clear that nobody has a fuckin clue what's going on with the turnstiles.

AWMSC

Precisely because he is the finance director. It's the club's responsibility. For all my employers' failings, not once has there ever been a case of a manager pointing the finger at a member of staff when explaining an error to a customer. It's not on. They might refer to "human error" or "manual error" but they absolutely would not say "this guy here's made a cunt of it" no matter how much somebody's complaining.

AWMSC

Not to sure that they have identified the issues.

I was denied access on Saturday through my season ticket card.

I neither hold a season ticket which replaced an old fan card nor a second card.

My card is and always has been a season ticket card. Only category I may fall into was the card is not registered correctly which also might explain why I am unable to add non-championship games to the card.

As suggested I will contact the club to re-register this card though as they have my details why can't they just sort it or email me highlighting the need for such action.

The club has failed to address issues with the system over a long period of time. Some of the information in that statement (about the conversion of cards, etc.) should have been made clear a long time ago. They have never addressed fundamental questions or issues, and now have to actually take some proper responsibility for the mess of a situation.

I'm a season ticket holder but couldn't make it to the game on Saturday. I have no idea if my card will work at the next game and it seems that the club doesn't know either. It doesn't seem like they're on top of this at all. That statement doesn't fill me with much confidence at all.

Who could have possibly foreseen* way back in, err, 2017 that scannable QR codes would be a more credible and financially ‘sustainable’ solution for the club than creating a purpose-built card system linked to a two-bob website and shan turnstiles instead.

*literally everyone**, other than Iron Man and his resident fluffers

**even including an all-time historic clown-car outfit like ‘Ayr United’

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why would the finance director take responsibility for a poor financial decision made when he was financial director? Are you really asking that question?

The specific issue cited in the statement is really an administrative error (though in all likelihood a shortcut to deal with the abysmal system that the club utterly failed to implement correctly and on time) rather than bad financial planning at director level. But I take your point in the broader sense that this is not the first time that the author has tried to hang others out to dry for what was a collective failing of competence and oversight at the club. Such as the ‘8-8-8’ squad structure in the 13/14 campaign, which our current finance director was cheerleading for on this cesspool: a fact that should permanently bar him from pointing fingers at anyone else for disastrous decision-making. The brass neck on display here is unreal.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If they are actually planning to lose £800k again this year then they can just fold right now, have that 5-0 shoeing expunged and our rightful Challenge Cup spot reinstated.

I assume that the turnstile hardware could be used with a decent website etc? Is the problem not morecwith the appalling software? Surely that could be changed to something workable?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I assume that the turnstile hardware could be used with a decent website etc? Is the problem not morecwith the appalling software? Surely that could be changed to something workable?

Why not take the McGills software used for online bus tickets (weekly/monthly/10 journey tickets etc) and use it here for QR codes. Essential getting into the different sections of the ground would be the same as different zones on the buses.

Archived