Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hoppy is in for a rude awakening here.

He's taken an unfancied squad to the Premier League before, so it's not just a case of naivete. But at first glance it's quite worrying. Here's hoping there will be some old heads and guys with a track record to help the others through games.

EOho8Pw.png

He's taken an unfancied squad to the Premier League before, so it's not just a case of naivete. But at first glance it's quite worrying. Here's hoping there will be some old heads and guys with a track record to help the others through games.

He's clearly got a lot of confidence in his own ability but the early signs are absolutely grim, especially if had expected to retain some of the players that have left.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

When Thompson et al were offered deals I had hoped it was maybe a case of wanting some continuity, keeping on some squad players on low wages...not that that's have been particularly inspiring but when this is the the type of additions we're making it suggests that we're basically on the dregs.

That said, it's still early days, so not really much you can do other than see what happens. Could turn out to be a shrewd move.

AWMSC

After Hopkin signed on I had fever dreams that there might be a kitty of cash somewhere for Tidser, but looking at the squad right now I think that was incorrect. So I'm 99% sure now he's off (whereas before I was just 60% sure.)

EOho8Pw.png

Buchanan can get in the sea (if he’s Falkirk bound) Decent player for us, nothing more. I think a better manager should be able to get more out of Tumilty, reasonably pleased with him staying.

Buchanan can get in the sea (if he’s Falkirk bound) Decent player for us, nothing more. I think a better manager should be able to get more out of Tumilty, reasonably pleased with him staying.

Not sorry to see Buchanan go. Lacked any kind of composure under pressure and his individual errors cost us a fair few goals/games. We can do better.

Tumilty was absolutely dreadful for three quarters of the season but came on to a game in the closing weeks of the season so hopefully he can reach those levels.

He didn't look fit enough to track back but he joined us quite late on in pre season if i remember correctly so hopefully the management team get him in to shape.

Buchanan is no loss at all. One of the most infuriating players to ever grace our hallowed turf.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived