Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think anyone’s expecting a title challenge tbf. 4th or higher is the aim and even with the reduced budget, that should be attainable.

Nah, I just meant that we shouldn't be for a minute thinking about the Duffy/Johansson idea of 7th place being alright. I'd suggest that with the squad we had last season and a proper manager we could and should have been in or around the top three until a decent way in to the season, even if we'd maybe have fell away as it went on - that's all I meant by saying a title shout is probably beyond us. Promotion is there for the taking for somebody if they can play their cards right...much like Livingston did.

It all depends on what players we end up with and what kind of squad, though. As I said in my last post, if it's a squad of Dykes, we're unlikely to fare much better than mid-table; anything above that should see us mounting some degree of play-off push - again, I'm quite optimistic about Hopkin, I just think that in some cases people are assuming he's got some kind of Midas touch which will mitigate all and any diddies in the team.

AWMSC

Nah, I just meant that we shouldn't be for a minute thinking about the Duffy/Johansson idea of 7th place being alright. I'd suggest that with the squad we had last season and a proper manager we could and should have been in or around the top three until a decent way in to the season, even if we'd maybe have fell away as it went on - that's all I meant by saying a title shout is probably beyond us. Promotion is there for the taking for somebody if they can play their cards right...much like Livingston did.

It all depends on what players we end up with and what kind of squad, though. As I said in my last post, if it's a squad of Dykes, we're unlikely to fare much better than mid-table; anything above that should see us mounting some degree of play-off push - again, I'm quite optimistic about Hopkin, I just think that in some cases people are assuming he's got some kind of Midas touch which will mitigate all and any diddies in the team.

IF its a squad of Dykes, at least we're attracting the gay community.

Is there a problem with the gay community?

It's probably fair to say they're much better people than you.

I can't speak for you, but I've no problem with the gay community whatsoever.

As for them being "better people than you", that's a pretty discriminatory comment in itself as you have no idea what I'm like.

I can't speak for you, but I've no problem with the gay community whatsoever.

As for them being "better people than you", that's a pretty discriminatory comment in itself as you have no idea what I'm like.

Aye, discriminatory against arseholes like you.

You have gone all Diversity Ambassador over the weekend.

Maybe there's a grant in it somewhere.

Speaking of which, is Peter Grant still part of the Scotland set-up, or has he been punted?

*insert signature here*

Was hoping that the news of signing jobbers from the worst side in the entire history of the second tier would have been revealed as a clever hoax/delayed April Fool's by now. Fire this shan signing 'policy' into the sun and start again, no permadiddies allowed.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Mcalister signs on again

From the official site:

McAlister told www.gmfc.net: “I’ve signed a year’s deal and I’m pleased to get it all completed and to be staying with Morton for another season.

“The chats I’ve had with the manager have been really positive. He knows how to be successful in this league on a tight budget at Livingston, so hopefully he can bring that to Cappielow and we can be successful.”

I have to say, I'm surprised that McAlister and Millar signed on. Reading between the lines, they're on reduced terms. He'd be as well showing up for the photo wearing a barrel and carrying a bindle.

Still, I think this is good news. For all his inconsistency, he's versatile and experienced.

EOho8Pw.png

From the official site:

I have to say, I'm surprised that McAlister and Millar signed on. Reading between the lines, they're on reduced terms. He'd be as well showing up for the photo wearing a barrel and carrying a bindle.

Still, I think this is good news. For all his inconsistency, he's versatile and experienced.

I think they both moved back to Morton because they wanted to be closer to home, especially in the case of Millar so i'm not too surprised that they have re-signed.

I haven't read the article regarding Mcalister yet however i'd still be quite surprised if the club were allowed to offer reduced terms to the players who reached the 25 game milestone, otherwise there surely wouldn't have been the Telfer palava on the final day of the season if we were able to offer him reduced terms, as if the new manager didn't want him he could have offered him a 50% pay cut knowing that he was never going to accept it.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived