Squad and transfers 2019/20 - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad and transfers 2019/20

Hej

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a strong sniff of Falkirk 2018 in the air yet i for one  can't wait to see our new non league legends in action.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I know absolutely hee haw about Salkeld, but there is just something about him that reeks of cult hero. I really hope je does well. (And good cult hero, not Kudus cult hero)

I read a couple of English non-league forums and Gateshead are in massive financial trouble and currently excluded from the league, so guys like this who normally might have been kept on were instead freed (as Hoppy says on the official site.) This guy was apparently on fire at the start of the season but faded a bit. He's very young. Could be a player, we'll see.

EOho8Pw.png

Morton have been linked with a stunning swoop for ex-Celtic ace Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, who could join Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Jermaine McSporran at the Millions Arena.

EOho8Pw.png

Seems we're going down the Falkirk route. Interesting couple of months ahead

To be fair we do have some guys in the squad - not least Millar and McAlister - who have been around the block in the SPFL and know the standard required. If we were building an entire team of unknown youths from the English non-league I'd be worried, but we have others as well.

Got to say having two inexperienced 'keepers is giving me the fear, though.

EOho8Pw.png

on Salkeld's Wiki page he scored 1 goal in 29 games last season. Hopefully he's either not an out and out striker  or whoever updates their wiki is wrong.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

To be fair we do have some guys in the squad - not least Millar and McAlister - who have been around the block in the SPFL and know the standard required. If we were building an entire team of unknown youths from the English non-league I'd be worried, but we have others as well.

Got to say having two inexperienced 'keepers is giving me the fear, though.

The keeper played 40 games in the National League North last season, so has some experience under his belt at a decent enough level. Could mean nothing of course, but is considerably more than Pearson has played.

The keeper played 40 games in the National League North last season, so has some experience under his belt at a decent enough level. Could mean nothing of course, but is considerably more than Pearson has played.

I'll be honest, it's been years since I watched a full tier 6 game in England, but back then it was of a poorer standard than our own league.

EOho8Pw.png

Aye that Sun article said he was a central midfielder but seems he's that good he can play fecking anywhere!!

Also read: Dykes, Dylan. When people say a young guy who's barely played any games can play all over the park, it tends to suggest that it's probably because they're not very good in any one place.

Obviously we know nothing about this guy, but as a general rule it's not usually a sign that you've unearthed a star.

AWMSC

Think you’re giving that league a bit too much credit there. It’s essentially the same as signing a keeper from the SPFL’s League 1/2. Crucial thing is he’s a young keeper that at least actually has games behind him, gubbins level or not.

Gateshead fan I know rates him and on position said

“Probably anywhere from mid to front. The times I’ve seen him he was in a very forward AM position. He’s quite powerful and always looked quite direct with the ball at his feet.”

Archived