JJ and Houston GONE - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

JJ and Houston GONE

So, who are these other investors who have a voice and a view? Golden Casket/Rae have over 80% of the shares. If Crawford has sold a majority to new investor(s) why have they kept him as chairman? Something stinks.

Sleazy Sandy's at the wheel:

xykwt5g60ps21.jpg

*insert signature here*

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duffy says we’ve had a good season :lol:

No wonder you were perplexed when Crawford emptied you last May, Jim.

On the face of it, outside looking in, it’s an improvement on last season and that’s how the media will view it.

Duffy’s Sportsound comments:

“Finished above Falkirk, above Partick Thistle, two teams who have much bigger budgets than Morton believe me. Finished above Alloa, above Dunfermline eventually. I think it’s been a decent season for Morton. If it is down to the fans, I don’t know what they’re expecting.”

We’re well rid of anyone with the pluckly little Morton attitude, that we can’t possibly compete with giants like Livingston and little Ayr. Perhaps if he had the slightest grasp on realistic expectations he would have strived to meet them, avoided tinkering to shoehorn John fucking Baird into the team and made the playoffs, meaning he wouldn’t have been sacked. Get this attitude purged from the club.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I do feel sorry for Telfer in all this, but maintain the board did the correct thing. Unless Hopkin is indeed being funded by other investors it’s unlikely we’d be able to afford him, beyond him some of the names we’re likely to be linked with are genuinely worrying. Very interesting few weeks ahead anyway.

If we massively cut the budget heading into next season, as we seem to be doing, then and only then will I start accepting 'wee Morton'. The last two seasons, we've had enough money and stability to build competitive squads each summer, yet two managers in a row complain about it given any chance to do so.

Whoever takes the job *now* faves a far bigger challenge than either Duffy or JJ.

EOho8Pw.png

It's not perfect, but consider:

If Crawford's telling the truth, he told JJ and PH that they were allowed to select the team today if they truly felt they had to, but that they had to be in the dugout. They refused.

And as I and many others said at the time, the goings-on at Cappielow in no way justify the actions of McKinnon, his agent Jim Sherry, or the Falkirk board of the time. If he wanted to jump ship because of working conditions, he could have raised a court case to that effect. If that's unrealistic, at the very least Falkirk could have made the correct approach. All of them snaked it instead. Hell mend them.

I do feel sorry for Charlie Telfer, though. He signed that 25-start clause in good faith only to see it gamed at the last second. And now, as he says, he inadvertently and through no fault of his own played a role in the sacking of the management team. That part doesn't leave us looking clever at all, even though this is not uncommon in European football.

I really feel for Telfer in all of us. Whether Rae was right or wrong to do it is another debate, but there was no real need for the player to be named. 

We do have a bit of time.

Ayr, DU, ICT, Queens don't know what league they will be in so doubt they will be thinking too much about recruitment.

Will Crawford keep his job at Dunfermline after their horrendous run, doubt it.

Dundee will be in a right mess so recruitment will be least of their worries right now.

Arbroath and Alloa won't be going for players we will be.

As long as its sorted next week or two, we should be fine!

By a 'bit of time' we probably only have a week over most of those clubs, which isn't a long time. As soon as clubs know their league status for next season they'll start thinking about recruitment. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It took about three seconds to get a fair idea of who the player was and that baldy snake Houston would have flapped his trap to all his media buddies anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived