JJ and Houston GONE - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

JJ and Houston GONE

Let's be honest, Crawford should have told them they were getting bagged as soon as we were safe. He doesn't come out of this well. However, its absolutely the correct decision to bin them and not to trigger a contract extension for a player in those circumstances.

I want a pretentious signature too.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest, Crawford should have told them they were getting bagged as soon as we were safe. He doesn't come out of this well. However, its absolutely the correct decision to bin them and not to trigger a contract extension for a player in those circumstances.

Dunno. I'd have thought seeing out the season without disruption would have been the best way.

God knows what happened this afternoon though but the end result is the same so hopefully we get a new man in who does gve job and its forgotten about.

It might also be a sign that new owners are coming in as well and wanted their own man because Rae and Hawke seemed to be right behind him in the bad spell.

Dunno. I'd have thought seeing out the season without disruption would have been the best way.

God knows what happened this afternoon though but the end result is the same so hopefully we get a new man in who does gve job and its forgotten about.

It might also be a sign that new owners are coming in as well and wanted their own man because Rae and Hawke seemed to be right behind him in the bad spell.

We can only pray for a new regime as the current one is not working and the management of the situation today was appalling and further ruins the reputation of the club.

Sadly for me todays events only seem to add credibility to Snakes assertions that “the truth will out” and “it won’t be me the Morton fans will be blaming” statements shortly after he’d left.

It may well be what the majority were after , including me, but was it the right way to do it.i for one don’t think so.

Anyway, I’m enjoying watching the snakes write in their pit.

It's not perfect, but consider:

If Crawford's telling the truth, he told JJ and PH that they were allowed to select the team today if they truly felt they had to, but that they had to be in the dugout. They refused.

And as I and many others said at the time, the goings-on at Cappielow in no way justify the actions of McKinnon, his agent Jim Sherry, or the Falkirk board of the time. If he wanted to jump ship because of working conditions, he could have raised a court case to that effect. If that's unrealistic, at the very least Falkirk could have made the correct approach. All of them snaked it instead. Hell mend them.

I do feel sorry for Charlie Telfer, though. He signed that 25-start clause in good faith only to see it gamed at the last second. And now, as he says, he inadvertently and through no fault of his own played a role in the sacking of the management team. That part doesn't leave us looking clever at all, even though this is not uncommon in European football.

EOho8Pw.png

It's not perfect, but consider:

If Crawford's telling the truth, he told JJ and PH that they were allowed to select the team today if they truly felt they had to, but that they had to be in the dugout. They refused.

And as I and many others said at the time, the goings-on at Cappielow in no way justify the actions of McKinnon, his agent Jim Sherry, or the Falkirk board of the time. If he wanted to jump ship because of working conditions, he could have raised a court case to that effect. If that's unrealistic, at the very least Falkirk could have made the correct approach. All of them snaked it instead. Hell mend them.

I do feel sorry for Charlie Telfer, though. He signed that 25-start clause in good faith only to see it gamed at the last second. And now, as he says, he inadvertently and through no fault of his own played a role in the sacking of the management team. That part doesn't leave us looking clever at all, even though this is not uncommon in European football.

If he raised a court case he would most likely never work in the game again.

Thankfully, he is doing a fine job of ensuring he will be unemployed shortly.

So, who are these other investors who have a voice and a view? Golden Casket/Rae have over 80% of the shares. If Crawford has sold a majority to new investor(s) why have they kept him as chairman? Something stinks.

This does need to be answered, mind.

EOho8Pw.png

This does need to be answered, mind.

I'm still thinking that the Easedales have offered to pay for Hoppy as manager. That kind of thing pretty much links up everyone's stories - It cuts costs for the club, someone else is lined up, another investor is having their say.

It seems as though he was the pawn in the standoff between Crawford and JJ/PH.

Well they knew they were going to bag them. And they knew that Charlie Telfer had one more start before he triggered an extension. They also must have known that the management team would start Telfer today.

So to do nothing about the situation until a phone call last night is embarrassing. Not sure how they were attempting to avoid disruption by their course of action to be honest. Hard to understand what Crawford thought was going to happen.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Yes, sitting beside Crawford as usual, also noticed he didn’t participate in the applause foe Stevie Chalmers until the very last second.

I didn’t applaud much either, it’s annoying as fuck, lets go back to the minutes silences.

Having had a day to reflect, as someone who is generally a huge critic of the board, I’m only more convinced they’ve done fuck all wrong here. It happening a Saturday a couple of hours before a game inevitably makes things a bit of a media circus, but the stance on Telfer makes perfect sense and is an entirely common position for a board to take. Off the top of my head I immediately thought of Alan Hutton at Villa and Michael Ball at Rangers as similar situations and I’m sure investigating it properly would throw up literally hundreds of examples of clubs round the world doing the same thing.

Johansson is absolutely fucking useless and will almost certainly never manage again after the frankly disgraceful job he’s done here. If he wants to rage quit and act like he’s been hard done by claiming he’s been forced to walk over a board interfering in selection as opposed to being sacked for being utterly shite at his job then more fool any club that falls for that transparent attempt to save face.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Having had a day to reflect, as someone who is generally a huge critic of the board, I’m only more convinced they’ve done fuck all wrong here. It happening a Saturday a couple of hours before a game inevitably makes things a bit of a media circus, but the stance on Telfer makes perfect sense and is an entirely common position for a board to take. Off the top of my head I immediately thought of Alan Hutton at Villa and Michael Ball at Rangers as similar situations and I’m sure investigating it properly would throw up literally hundreds of examples of clubs round the world doing the same thing.

Johansson is absolutely fucking useless and will almost certainly never manage again after the frankly disgraceful job he’s done here. If he wants to rage quit and act like he’s been hard done by claiming he’s been forced to walk over a board interfering in selection as opposed to being sacked for being utterly shite at his job then more fool any club that falls for that transparent attempt to save face.

Agree with much of that but not so sure Johansson will never manage again. From the outside looking in finishing fifth and above Dunfermline, Partick and Falkirk who can spend more (albeit below Ayr) probably looks perfectly respectable and the points total is at the low end for a mid table side but is higher than the total achieved by Duffy’s side which finished fifth in their first season back up and again probably doesn’t look too bad. In the context of a manager learning on the job in his first gig I’m not so sure he’ll be viewed from the outside as having been a disaster.

Houston saying if they were allowed to play Telfer even though their contracts were not getting renewed, they would still have been in the dugout whereas Crawford is saying they could have played Telfer as long as they took the team but decided after 10 minutes thinking time to walk out...

Mmmm, someone's talking shi*e!

Btw, really poor of us not issuing a statement after promising one!

Our Performance Analyst has left due to “budget cuts”.

Hawke would be a great saving. He would leave behind a legacy of administrative errors, lost revenue and the cash cow that is the turnstiles.

Houston saying if they were allowed to play Telfer even though their contracts were not getting renewed, they would still have been in the dugout whereas Crawford is saying they could have played Telfer as long as they took the team but decided after 10 minutes thinking time to walk out...

Mmmm, someone's talking shi*e!

Btw, really poor of us not issuing a statement after promising one!

Really not surprising as the board have always treated the fans with contempt and always bare minimum communications.

To say he was sacking them as a cost saving screams of him bottling it and not being honest.

However, he said the next manager could sign Charlie...well, aside from the players morale likely being rock bottom, that would suggest to me a new Manager very soon as he could easily be signed up tomorrow elsewhere.

This leaves us in the same position as last year if we don't act fast to replace him. We need to get contracts signed quick of players we want to keep and not lose them like we did Harkins and others at the end of last year. Also need to try and entice Tidster to say which will only happen if we act quickly as players need the security of a contract and will leave almost as soon as someone makes them a decent offer.. 

We do have a bit of time.

Ayr, DU, ICT, Queens don't know what league they will be in so doubt they will be thinking too much about recruitment.

Will Crawford keep his job at Dunfermline after their horrendous run, doubt it.

Dundee will be in a right mess so recruitment will be least of their worries right now.

Arbroath and Alloa won't be going for players we will be.

As long as its sorted next week or two, we should be fine!

Archived