JJ and Houston GONE - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

JJ and Houston GONE

Unlike some on the forum I take no pleasure from the sacking of another Morton manager.It could be argued that an inexperienced manaager had turned the corner in our last few games. To give an example I can go back to Allan McGraw's first season when we were rock bottom in 85-86. He had a great crop of young players like David Wylie,Derek Collins,Jim Hunter and Martin Doak and he also made an inspired signing in Rowan Alexander and turned things around. Unfortunately this rooky manager had no such resources. I think experienced player for various reasons did what they had to do and that was the reason for a wholly unexpected turnaround.JJ is probably a nice guy and unworthy of some of the stick coming his way but as others have stated Charlie Telfer is an unfortunate pawn in these manoeuvres.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ's a bit of a bellend, really, and talked down the squad whenever a microphone was put in front of him. I wouldn't say I'm "helicoptering" over the news that two men (three, if you count the performance analyst) have lost their jobs, but it's what's best for the club, so in that sense I'm happy.

EOho8Pw.png

JJ's a bit of a bellend, really, and talked down the squad whenever a microphone was put in front of him. I wouldn't say I'm "helicoptering" over the news that two men (three, if you count the performance analyst) have lost their jobs, but it's what's best for the club, so in that sense I'm happy.

Little helicopters!

My brief impressions of him from a personal point of view was that he was a decent bloke but totally get what you're saying about the overall future of the club.

My impression of JJ was he was an arrogant prick who thought we were a Diddy team who didn't want to win games. I'm glad he's away.

Two different stories, one from Houston on sportsound and the other from CR, one said they were not to play Telfer the other play him if you must.  Now either way, this was after they were given the news of their departure, which I think is their real issue within the situation as the Telfer contract one happens in every league.  I believe CR has been under instruction for a few weeks now with the reluctance till now to speak to the management team on various issues.  It will eventually come out to a degree, however most will be interested to know the identity of the proposed investor. 

I may be naive in hoping that these investors are not the town gangsters???

The Easdales apparently also paid for the signing of Colin McMenamin a few years back, so this would match the previous.

EOho8Pw.png

Could the new investors do a solid and offer Tidser a fat new contract please thanks.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Seemingly 2 year deal offered and a testimonial. Please be true

He said he has a few offers out there, most of which we probably won't match so a testimonial is the only other leverage we have. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Who is making this offer though, again Telfer wasn’t to play as new manager would be left with him but what if the next gaffer doesn’t want Tidser?

Hawke for gaffer?

With you there. Won’t be in Cappielow with them owning the club. And what happens when their businesses finally get their cummupence?

They own so much land and property that I think they are pretty safe from any 'cummupence'. Plus, they own one of the biggest bus companies in Scotland which receives subsidies from the Scottish Gvt. Whilst their character can be rightly questioned, I don't think they're going to be bankrupt any time soon

They own so much land and property that I think they are pretty safe from any 'cummupence'. Plus, they own one of the biggest bus companies in Scotland which receives subsidies from the Scottish Gvt. Whilst their character can be rightly questioned, I don't think they're going to be bankrupt any time soon

It wasn’t bankruptcy that I was alluding to.

Archived