Squad For Next Season. - Page 185 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£600ish a week must be about the top end of our wages (excluding Tidser). St Johnstone, for example, won this league with a strict cap of £650pw.

Crazy to think Bobby Barr moved for £700/week. Thankfully we didn't match that. Decent player, but not worth that IMO.

The Duff isn't the problem though, is he? To offer a player of Gunning's quality £600.00 a week is risible. The Raes have absolutely no ambition for our once proud club.

For all your criticism of Rae, you still don't get it. That's a good wage offer for our level, and one which would attract many decent players to Morton. The money has never been the problem, but mismanagement has been.

I think we should all hope that Rae continues to keep his company chequebook at a distance, as it has been recently. The last thing we want is more "debt" hanging over us.

Disappointed Gav has left but at least it's not to join one of our rivals.

Now, how's about a striker please, Duffy......

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I know a player Duffy tried to sign last season and our offer was 400/450 a week basic, £50 appearance bonus and £50 win bonus. I can't remember if there was a goal bonus as well but I'd imagine that's what some of our players would be on.

Do you know if the club still owns property in which it houses new or loan signings? For example if Gunning's family are in England did we put him up in accommodation and finance that in addition to these wages? Same as for Dece and Denny last year.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Yes and a bigger debt than us by far. I actually saw Grimsby play Yeovil it Huish Park in October and it was pants. Going to Cleethorpes to be managed by Marcus Bignot is not an inspired career choice in my opinion.

Aye but nobody values your opinion. Red Dot.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Well let's just hope one of the twenty strikers who wouldn't return Duffys phone calls at the start of the season, is available, and realises the attractive option we actually are. No excuse for not fronting up some money for a position we actually need cover in.

Although, ironically, the Scull In my opinion is capable of having a similar impact in the first team as Jai had from similar circumstances.

Give him a game Jim.

I want a pretentious signature too.

Well at least I've been to Grimsby and seen them play recently. I expect the nearest you've got to Grimsby is to re-enact the poison sucking scene from the film behind the cowshed with your mates.

You really want to compare places we've been to, Mr Fantasy? Tell you what you stick with bragging about visiting Grimsby and I'll reflect on my recent trips to the Carribean. Deal?

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

You really want to compare places we've been to, Mr Fantasy? Tell you what you stick with bragging about visiting Grimsby and I'll reflect on my recent trips to the Carribean. Deal?

I stayed in Largs again last night. It was ace. Much better than Grimsby.

Still haven't made contact with the sex pests though.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Archived