Squad For Next Season. - Page 180 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

There's got to be a cut off point though. If he wants upwards of £2000 a week then we can't really offer that. I think he's good enough to play at a level where that's the going wage so why shouldn't him and his agent look for that if teams at a higher level are interested?

Id be absolutely astounded if we were willing to pay anywhere near 1k a week for him. Im sure Ive read on here that the wages we pay are low compared to a lot of other teams in the league.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id be absolutely astounded if we were willing to pay anywhere near 1k a week for him. Im sure Ive read on here that the wages we pay are low compared to a lot of other teams in the league.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1321105-celtics-average-wage-bill-is-25-times-higher-than-ross-countys/

This is from 2015. I don't think we're going to get near a Hibs for example in terms of wages offered and its not really a big stretch of the imagination for a team like that to come in for him (or one down south).

The main point is that there's a difference between a lack of ambition and simply not being able to match other teams.

He exceeded the reputation he arrived with and had 6 clean sheets in 14 starts.

Thanks for the contribution

That's a pretty good stat for any keeper

Looked a bit short for a goalie but never let the team down

Look at the passion he showed on Saturday when we scored. Brilliant

Good luck Andy in your new career

They basically said 'it's over to you gav, the paper's there, so is the pen you just need to sign it'.

It's clear he has an idea of what he wants, we aren't giving him it. No doubt we've made him an increased offer but he's waiting to see if anything else materialises. You can't blame him to be honest, but gutting if he does goes.

Jim says he hopes for an answer over the next couple of days but doubt that will be the case. If he's keeping his options open, i'd imagine he wouldn't want to commit early in the transfer window so unlikely to be here for Saturday unless we sign him on a game by game basis (is that even possible?)

When asked about further transfers it was noted that Jim was looking for a striker. He said he's happy with the strength in depth for most other areas (referencing the re-signing of Nesbitt and the return of Tiff). He spoke about our problems in attack namely Jai out 'for a couple of months', McDonut who played up there against St Mirren having 'a 2 match suspension' and also Oliver (don't think he said if he's out or not but mentioning him you'd assume he's out of the next game).

Hopefully that means there's news on that front this week...

Hope he makes a better job of that than Monti and McCluskey. If the current options were that good he would have gone already which suggests if it's just not a negotiating ploy it is Premier league dross at best.

Too Ed, didn't read.

Have a red dot, Dickhead.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

If Gunning is keeping his options open that tells me we haven't matched his offer of what he's looking for.Dont think we can stretch the wage structure too far,every club has their limit. If he gets a better offer elsewhere,he will certainly go.Great player for us,but hey I think we have decent cover in Lamie & Kilday.

Let's get it right 1st time in League 1.No excuses.

No doubt that Gunning has done very well in his time here and in many ways he appears to be the type of character that you could build a team around. I hope we've given him reason to seriously consider staying but a he'd be daft not to hold on to see if a better offer from elsewhere materialises.

I've a feeling that Duffy would never risk the cohesiveness of the team by offering any individual 'special' treatment, and I'd agree with that. Our biggest priority remains a striker and I'm more concerned about finding someone for that role.

Away in his bedroom no crib for a bed

Little t*** Deano lays down his thick head

The clique are a lowing, the thicko awakes

Spouting weak Brain drivel, **** sakes.

Is that a haiku Drumpf?

Just off the phone with Shinzo Abe - he says that not only is it not a haiku but that he has no fucking idea what you're on about. Sad!

EOho8Pw.png

Away in his bedroom no crib for a bed

Little t*** Deano lays down his thick head

The clique are a lowing, the thicko awakes

Spouting weak Brain drivel, **** sakes.

Is that a haiku Drumpf?

With his mammy in the kitchen

Thicko Deana he bakes

Mince pies and stollen

And pink iced fairy cakes

So so sad.

I don't think Pam Ayres has anything to worry about Ed.  :lol:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

This thread is about to get derailed faster than st mirrens survival hopes where on Saturday.

In fairness it's squad for next season so it's already off-topic.

Aside from Gunning (either staying or going) and a striker - maybe a new 'keeper too - I don't expect much to happen.

EOho8Pw.png

Possibly the worst post even seen on this message board. Pretty embarrassing.

Yes indeed, apologies. It was intended to be truly awful and to mirror and lampoon the sacrilegious doggerel proudly displayed by the original poster as a footer to all his posts. If that were not bad enough he is calling others "dickhead". Poor deluded little fool.

Regards Gunning, I really hope we can keep him, supposedly sources say he's been offered in excess of £1200 PW to sign on at Dunfermline ,I can only assume they have someone providing lots of funds based on their signings during the summer and reported wages, surprising business model considering it wasn't long  ago they were in Dire straits.

Regards Gunning, I really hope we can keep him, supposedly sources say he's been offered in excess of £1200 PW to sign on at Dunfermline ,I can only assume they have someone providing lots of funds based on their signings during the summer and reported wages, surprising business model considering it wasn't long  ago they were in Dire straits.

IIRC, Dunfermline have well over 2000 season tickets and average crowds well above ours. It's no real surprise they can offer more than we can.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived