Squad For Next Season. - Page 182 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Sir Gavin, it's been an honour and privilege to see him here. Kilday's also a solid centre back so while he's not as great as Gunning, I'm content that we've still got the basis of a solid defence and by the sounds of it, so is Duffy.

All focus on the new striker now.

Right you, off to bed, your clearly drunk

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Right you, off to bed, your clearly drunk

Kilday was consistently excellent last season at centre back in a team which only conceded 42 goals, leading to him receiving offers from top flight clubs which he turned down in favour of staying here. He's already proven he's a capable player and I don't see any cause for concern if he comes into the team.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Day of mourning announced and a minutes silence on Saturday.

Gutted to see the big man go, he has been brilliant. Would have been raging if he went to another Championship club or a Ross County or the likes but a move back down south is understandable and we can't compete with the wages he will get down there.

All the best Gav. Managers job is yours whenever you want to come back.

On to Saturday. Will be interesting to see if Jim brings Kilday back in (which he should) or puts Lamie there

Day of mourning announced and a minutes silence on Saturday.

Gutted to see the big man go, he has been brilliant. Would have been raging if he went to another Championship club or a Ross County or the likes but a move back down south is understandable and we can't compete with the wages he will get down there.

All the best Gav. Managers job is yours whenever you want to come back.

On to Saturday. Will be interesting to see if Jim brings Kilday back in (which he should) or puts Lamie there

I think we'll see the Lamie - Russell partnership on the left, Nesbitt up top with Oyenuga, and Kilday coming in at centre half.

Really hope that issue we had with cross balls doesn't rear its ugly head again now that Gunning has left.

I think Kilday is an excellent defender when the ball is on the ground, but when the ball is in the air i dont think he has enough about him physically to deal with big strikers and for that reason i would have Lamie in there to help deal with Nade on Saturday.

Unless we bring someone in its going to have to be Oyenuga with either Scullion (if he doesnt get a start or decent time off the subs bench on saturday he never will) or myabe Tiffoney will play out wide and Nesbitt will play up top?

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Kilday will partner O'Ware. Lamie will stay at left-back.

On a positive note, all the defenders will have learnt from their time with Sir Gav. Hopefully the spirit, and undoubtedly technique, he instilled will have a lasting effect.

I'm glad he didn't go to another Championship club. That would have been too much to bear.

The cheapskate Rae's showing their total lack of ambition yet again.

Disgusting. Must go.

Not sure why his family should be in Grimsby as GG has never played for a club near that area. Maybe he just like fish or fancies playing in the same league as Joe McKee. He should have done better than Grimsby I think.

Kilday was consistently excellent last season at centre back in a team which only conceded 42 goals, leading to him receiving offers from top flight clubs which he turned down in favour of staying here. He's already proven he's a capable player and I don't see any cause for concern if he comes into the team.

Im not taking the Michael here but is that actually true? Who were these teams & why would he knock back a move to a better league to stay with us?

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Archived