Squad For Next Season. - Page 181 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC, Dunfermline have well over 2000 season tickets and average crowds well above ours. It's no real surprise they can offer more than we can.

I don't think anyone would be surprised they can offer more than we do, but £1200 a week would be a big wage even for most Premiership teams.

I would be thrilled if Gavin signed up again for us but maybe Lee Kilday won't be. All he did wrong was get injured!

So if Gavin moves on it isn't a disaster. What we need at the moment is someone up front and hopefully we can get something done over the next couple of days before the Dumbarton game.

I would be thrilled if Gavin signed up again for us but maybe Lee Kilday won't be. All he did wrong was get injured!

So if Gavin moves on it isn't a disaster. What we need at the moment is someone up front and hopefully we can get something done over the next couple of days before the Dumbarton game.

I agree with this entirely.

If Gunning does decide to move on, there's defiantly others who can take his place.

Do you think someone like Liam Mandeville from Doncaster would be interested in a loan move if we could afford the wages?

I agree with this entirely.

If Gunning does decide to move on, there's defiantly others who can take his place.

Do you think someone like Liam Mandeville from Doncaster would be interested in a loan move if we could afford the wages?

Gunning gone.  Wanted to stay, but Scrooge f*cked it up as per usual.  The Raes need to GTF!

Big man has been class, that being said we have kilday who's hardly played this season and also Lamie. Would much rather a striker if it came down to one addition

Agree that a striker is the priority but my concern is that replacing Gunning with either Kilday or Lamie vastly weakens our defence. I don't think its any coincidence that O'Ware's form has been so good this year playing alongside Gunning. I don't rate Kilday at all as a CB, Lamie perhaps slightly more.

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Agree that a striker is the priority but my concern is that replacing Gunning with either Kilday or Lamie vastly weakens our defence. I don't think its any coincidence that O'Ware's form has been so good this year playing alongside Gunning. I don't rate Kilday at all as a CB, Lamie perhaps slightly more.

Kilday is a decent CB, but Gunning is on another level.

SEA

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I don't think that it is at all fair in this instance to blame the Raes . Even Grimsby Town will be offering far more than any team in the Championship and perhaps some Scottish Premier teams. Glad he has not gone to a rival team and wish him well. It worked for both parties while it lasted and whatever had gone before he certainly gave his all every time he pulled on the Morton jersey. Thanks Gavin and all the best.

Good luck to Sir Gavin, it's been an honour and privilege to see him here. Kilday's also a solid centre back so while he's not as great as Gunning, I'm content that we've still got the basis of a solid defence and by the sounds of it, so is Duffy.

All focus on the new striker now.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived