Squad For Next Season. - Page 190 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

McHugh is a player, I wanted him at Cappielow last time he was available. IF Loy went to them we could do a lot worse.

Yeah I rate McHugh as well. Think he might be contracted to them for another season though.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston was on the radio yesterday and was asked about potential transfer activity. He did say he was looking for a player in 1 specific position. He didn't say what position they were looking for but when quizzed about the activity from Hibs and Dundee Utd he said that naturally, they couldn't compete. He said 'I'd love to go out and get a Ryan Christie or a Gary Mackay-Steven' but I can't.

So seems like it's a midfielder they are on the lookout for rather than a striker. Loy's preferred option might be Falkirk, but an offer might not be forthcoming if they aren't on the lookout for a striker.

Falkirk already have a daft amount of Strikers in their squad: 

Baird

Miller

McHugh

Austin

O'Hara

Surely they wouldn't sign another one unless one or two go?

Very true, but it could be an ultimatum from Loy; Falkirk, middle to bottom half prem team, or no one.

Hope not because he'd be a decent capture.

John Rankin was on BBC sportsound this morning saying his gaffer would be adding another 2/3 fresh faces this week, so Queens are definitely adding and probably strengthening.

Dunfermline are the team to watch just now

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I suspect we'll only get Loy if Falkirk or any other bottom half Prem team don't want him.

There's no chance he'll be going to another Premiership team - Dundee aren't going to risk strengthening a direct competitor when everyone from 6th downwards is in the relegation battle. Championship or nothing.

Houston was on the radio yesterday and was asked about potential transfer activity. He did say he was looking for a player in 1 specific position. He didn't say what position they were looking for but when quizzed about the activity from Hibs and Dundee Utd he said that naturally, they couldn't compete. He said 'I'd love to go out and get a Ryan Christie or a Gary Mackay-Steven' but I can't.

So seems like it's a midfielder they are on the lookout for rather than a striker. Loy's preferred option might be Falkirk, but an offer might not be forthcoming if they aren't on the lookout for a striker.

They only have one wide midfielder and have at times been reduced to playing Tom Taiwo on the right side of midfield, so you'd think a wide midfielder would be their priority when, as Scott points out, they've got Baird, McHugh and Miller all doing at least a decent job up front. They might go for Loy too of course, but they have far less need of a striker than they do a midfielder and they couldn't guarantee Loy a start without effectively telling Baird or McHugh they're not getting a chance for the rest of the season.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Looking up some of the names on this list of unattached players makes for some fun reading. There have been some very 'characterful' players around.

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_club.aspx?football_club=Unattached

Never thought I'd see Alan Gow listed in the same section as Ronaldinho and Michael Essien... :lol:

ETA Adam Johnson? Pretty sure he is busy elsewhere just now...

Complete lack of ambition if true

By who? At this moment in time I think it's much more vital for St Mirren to throw money at players than it is for Morton. And more of a risk. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived