The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24 - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Gas Scottish Cup 2023-24

Toby

22 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Listening to George on Radio Scotland this morning and Dougie’s preview, I’m getting the impression we might see a surprise appearance tonight. Maybe not in the starting line up but more likely on the bench. I may be wrong, but both seemed to be denying George would be fit without ruling him out. Mind games. Wee wager on first scorer maybe? Must be huge odds available…

Didn't hear it, but the quote being shared seems to be him indeed ruling himself out.

It's a bit gutting that injuries come back to haunt us now. I think most of us would have had Oakley and Wilson as frontrunners for PotY at this point. They've been massive for us and so pivotal to the way we've been playing. 

It's a shame that our attacking signings this season haven't worked out, it's really left us struggling for a plan B without Oakley. I think it shows just how difficult a job Dougie has. The margin for error is so small. 

Heard a stat earlier that we've had 80+ bookingsin the championship  this season and second highest is Queens park with 50 something. That surely can't be true 😂

Although in saying that It feels like we get the same 3 or 4 players booked almost every game. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

27 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Heard a stat earlier that we've had 80+ bookingsin the championship  this season and second highest is Queens park with 50 something. That surely can't be true 😂

Although in saying that It feels like we get the same 3 or 4 players booked almost every game. 

Seems to be correct

https://www.transfermarkt.com/scottish-championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC2

27 minutes ago, port-ton said:

IMG_6200.jpeg

David Munro handed out 50 of them in our first game up at Starks Park this season. 

• Upvote 1

Still looking forward to it despite the injuries it's a massive game and one the players should relish. Hearts are a step up to anyone we have faced this season but if we keep it 0-0 for as long as possible who knows. I can't see them not scoring so let's just hope at the other end someone comes up with something special. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shagster said:

Fan base website changed 10 minutes ago from selling Sinclair Street tickets to none available. 

Aye that's what I noticed.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

8 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

All trains going to Greenock/Wemyss Bay fucked - the timing eh.

Fucking shite as trying to get down the road now after an early finish 🤦🏻‍♂️ Problems expected til 7pm!

Edited by Tubes

I know we can't risk Gorgeous George coming back too soon and risk the rest of his season, but if he had one leg, one eye and fractured skull...... I'd still play him ahead of Jai at the moment !!! 

Edited by Hands of Cowan